Chapter two; Wakeup call

A/N: This chapter may be long then the first one.

Before Sniper could actually go to his camper and sleep, Demoman wanted to hide the egg in HIS camper and he reluctantly agreed to this, so the egg was now on the counter and he was staring at it, not sleeping. "Damn it" He turned away from his view of the egg and tried to fall asleep, unaware of the cracks starting to form on it.

About thirty minutes after he closed his eyes there was loud banging on his camper door and shouting. "BETTER GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED MAGGOT OR I'M COMING IN AND DRAGGING YOU OUT MYSELF!" Sniper shot up and almost his head on something, grumbling he got out of bed, in the clothes he had on yesterday, and opened the door.

"Wot?" He asked, tired and annoyed.

Soldier gave him a grin. "You're awake! Good!" He crossed his arms and turned to walk off. "Engies making pancakes!"

Sniper blinked in a bit of surprise, it was a bit odd that Engineer would send Soldier of all people to wake him up, normally it would be the Spy. Shaking his head he took a look at his door and saw no damage, he closed it and turned around. And there was the egg in all it's glory, right on his counter, why did he even agree to take it in anyway? Walking over to the egg he went to pick it up when he noticed something on the ground. Bending down he picked up a piece of the egg? Wait a minute...

Quickly looking back at the egg he noticed the gapping hole in it, he groaned in annoyance and put in down, nothing was inside and it was lighter then it was last night. "Shit" he cursed, looking around he grabbed his machete and crouched down a bit, this whole situation was making him have a headache, why did Demoman have to take this damn egg from that cave. Hearing a crash he turned and saw a bunch of boxes fall over, where did those come from?

He raised an eyebrow and stood up straight walking over to the boxes, he picked up one and almost dropped his weapon in surprise, right there, chewing on his favorite hat was a creature he didn't even know the name of. "Bloody hell" He murmured, the little creature, which was the size of a full grown chihuahua, maybe a bit bigger than one, looked up at him with round eyes. The creature had a slight teal color, but its scales were certainly white like the egg they stole, the horns were on top of it's head, curled like a goats, spikes ran across it's back that seemed to be able to fold back on command.

Sniper was snapped out of his staring by a sharp chirp and he gripped his machete, he grabbed his hat. "Give me that" he pulled and the creature screeched in surprise, falling back, he growled in annoyance when he saw the holes in the hat, he looked down at the creature that just stared up at him with the same round eyes, now that he was looking a bit more closer he could see bright blue in them and intelligence. He stepped back to the door and the creature stood up and started to follow. "No!" He shouted. "Stay" The creature paused and then sat down while Sniper creeked the door open just a bit and then he quickly walked out and closed the door.

He looked around, making sure the creature didn't get out before he backed away from the door and turned, only to come face to face with the Spy. "Shit!" He flinched back a bit.

The Spy raised an eyebrow and took the cigarette out of his mouth and dropped it on the ground. "Language" he said firmly, crossing his arms.

"You're littering" Sniper snapped back, annoyed as Spy crushed the cigarette with his shoe. "What do you want spook I'm busy" Sniper crossed his arms a bit.

"Ze Engineer sent me to come and get you since you didn't come after Soldier first went, zhough now I am curious" Spy took out another cigar and reached for his lighter. "What are you hiding Bushman?"

"Nothing!" Sniper pushed him aside to get inside the base. "I ain't hiding anything" he needed to find Demoman. "Now bug off" he snarled.

Spy followed him with a suspicious look, but didn't say anything else.
About halfway to the kitchen, Spy cloaked and went off (thankfully) somewhere and Sniper found Demoman in the kitchen.

Demoman was unfortunately drunk unlike last night, saying aloud strange things, Engineer was cooking some pancakes when he noticed Sniper. "Howdy Sniper" he said. "Finally decided to join us for breakfast"

"Yeah" Sniper said. "I'm not hungry" he walked over to Demoman and grabbed his shoulder. "We need to talk" Engineer blinked in surprise and shrugged, going back to making pancakes for the others.

"Wat about?" Demoman said and then he was promptly dragged out of the room by Sniper, confusing Medic who was just walking into the kitchen, he and Engineer looked at each other and then shrugged.

Demoman was confused, mostly because he was drunk, Sniper dragged him out to his camper and angrily let go. "That egg-"

"It hatched?" Demoman asked.

"Yeah it did" Sniper snapped, going to his camper door. "I want you to take it back to where YOU found it" he opened his camper and stepped inside, with Demo behind him. "Whatever it is" Demoman closed the door once he stepped inside, he looked and his eyes widened a bit.

There the creature had somehow gotten on the counter and was once again chewing on Snipers hat. "Bloody hell not again" he tried to pull his hat away again but the creature pulled back this time. Demoman rubbed his eyes a bit, watching what was going on with surprise, confusion, and a bit of amusement.

Sniper stumbled back when the creature let go and squawked, flapping it's strange bat like wings a bit happily. "What is this thing anyway mate? Some kind of goat hybrid with wings?" He motioned to the creature, now starting to look around for something else to chew.

"Nah" Demoman said, shaking his head, drunk or not he knew exactly what this was. "It's a dragon"

"Wot"