Chapter nineteen; The Search

Miss Pauling took the lead, walking through the forest was pretty easy, there was a trail that led through the trees, though sometimes they had to go off the trail since the tracker told them to do so, she took a turn and once again they we're on the trail, it was a bit odd but she didn't really care. Engineer tripped on a branch that had fallen to the ground awhile ago, he quickly caught himself before he hit the ground and paused. "Miss Paulin" he said, making her look over at him.

"What is it Engineer?" She asked.

"I think we've been walkin in circles" he motioned to the branch on the ground. "We've passed this same stick on the ground five times" Miss Pauling looked down at the tracker, she noticed that they haven't been getting much closer to Sniper but didn't say anything about it.

"So...Ve are lost?" Medic asked he shifted on his feet and shooed a fly away from his face with his hand.

"M'fraid so" Engineer looked around. "That tracker ain't doing us much help" he said.

"It should help though" She replied, she flicked the trackers screen with her fingers. "Here you take the lead then" she handed it to Engineer.

The Texan nodded and took the tracker, he messed with it a bit before walking forward. "Alright let's get"
Unfortunately he only got five steps forward before a monkey swooped down and took the tracker, thinking it looked shiney and pretty. "Hey!" Engineer tried to grab it back but the monkey jumped away and climbed a tree. "Damn"

Miss Pauling gave him a look while Medic watched the monkey disappear into the trees. "Now what?"

"We continue search" Heavy replied. "Till we find Sniper and leetle dragon" he walked forward.

"How do we know if we ain't gonna go  round in circles again?" Engineer quiestioned making Heavy pause.

"We head straight with no turning? No going in circles then?" Heavy suggested, he shifted on his feet while Pyro looked off to the side. "Mphh!"

"Then we'd just get lost" Engineer said. "We need a plan to find Snip-"

"Smmmph!" Pyro tugged Engineers sleeve, trying to get his attention. "-er, not right now Pyro" he looked at Pyro before turning back to Miss Pauling and the others. Pyro huffed and ran off, no one noticed because they were figuring out a plan.

A few minutes passed and Medic noticed the missing member. "Where iz Herr Pyro?" He asked.

Engineer looked beside him. "Wha..." He said in confusion. "I thought he was right beside meh..."

"Clearly he iz not anymore" Medic said, motioning around them. "He iz missing"

"Great..." Miss Pauling groaned in frustration. "We now have even more people missing!"

"Well this is just great" Engineer rubbed the back of his neck with a long sigh.

There was a moment of silence before- "HUDDA!" Everyone turned to see Pyro running towards then, pulling a slightly drowsy Sniper behind him, Rascal was sitting on his head with confusion on her cute little dragon face.

"Pyro found Snipar!" Heavy shouted with a grin. "And tiny friend, is good!"

Sniper blinked a bit, he wasn't able to recognize them for a moment then his eyes widened. "Bloody 'ell" he said. "What are you mongrels doing here?"

"We are here to save you Herr Sniper!" Medic said gleefully, he looked at Rascal for a moment then back at Sniper, he furrowed his eyes, but before he could say anything a slender white tail knocked everyone away from Sniper. Dusty appeared right above Sniper and Rascal, hissing and wrapping her tail around the two in a protective stance. 

Engineer was the first to react, standing up and grabbing his shotgun, Heavy pulled out his machine gun and let Sasha purr but not shoot, Pyro did nothing but sit and stare. Medic whipped out his bonesaw and grinned sadistically, oh this was going to be so much fun-

Neither side was able to make a move since Sniper acted a bit to quickly, getting in between them. "Don't attack!" He said holding his hands out, looking at Dusty he added. "They're friendlies Dust, they're not gonna hurt ya" He glanced at his teammates and motioned them to stand down. Engineer looked at the others and slowly lowered his gun, and so did the others, though Miss Pauling was a bit uncertain about the situation she decided to trust Sniper and put away her pistol. Dusty instantly relaxed and sat down, staring at the mercs and Miss Pauling, a bit of annoyance and curiousity in her look.

Medic fixed his glasses and stared at Dusty. "Amazing" He said looking over at Sniper. "You managed to tame a dragon!"

"Well I wouldn't say tamed" Sniper said with a slight shrug. "More like gained trust"

"Bah" Medic waved his hand. "Same thing" he said.

"Roight..." Sniper mumbled then turned to Engineer. "How'd you mates get here anyway"

Engineer smiled. "I'll tell ya" he said, then proceeded to explain how they got onto the island and how they were stuck. No one saw the bright glint of a metal object in the bushes, and no one expected the rubber net to be thrown over their heads a second later.

"SURPRISE!"