Chapter fourteen; Names

Sniper really didn't understand why everything was going by so quickly, it made his head spin a bit. He was so confused he didn't register the large dragon tap his shoulder softly with her claw.

Since he didn't react to the touch the dragon did it again, finally gaining Snipers attention. "Wo-" he almost jumped in surprise when the dragon dropped Rascal onto his lap and then sat down staring at him with a tilted head. "So now I can touch Rascal huh?" Sniper said, almost sarcastically, he pats the smaller dragon on the head and then looked up at the larger one. "hmm..."

The dragon made a strange noise before sitting down, watching him expectantly, what did she want him to do? Sniper scratched the back of his neck, staring down at Rascal who had the same confused look as he did. He looked back at the dragon and slowly raised his hand to touch her snout, but she didn't let him.

Instead she growled, pupils turning into slits and fly backed away, Sniper put his hand down. "Mmm..." He stared even harder. "I'm going to need to call ya somethin..." Sniper mumbled softly, letting Rascal climb onto his shoulder. "How bout" he studied her got a second, the large dragon stared back at him blankly.

"Shell?"

The large dragon snorted in annoyance and looked away. Okay, she didn't like that name so onto the next one, Sniper thought for awhile, then he looked up at the dragon. "How about Dusty?"

The dragon looked over and tilted her head. "Aroight let's go with the name Dusty then" He knew it was the name Scout gave to Rascal first, but Sniper did rename Rascal, and Dusty was the second thing he came up with on the spot. Dusty didn't seem to bother about it though, she just stared at him and than turned away to watch a deer eating grass. Sniper looked down at Rusty and noticed that she fell asleep on his lap, he chuckled a bit in amusement, this whole thing was confusing but it was all interestingly funny at the same time.

---

It didn't take to long to get the small plane like jet ready, all James had to do is fly it over and steadily and skillfully land it in front of the base. Once he did do, James got up out of the pilots seat and walked to the back of the jet and pushed a button, opening the hatch. Once he could see the four mercs and Miss. Pauling he waved. "Hey, hop on and let's go" he said. "I'm sure you want to get this over with quickly, I do too" he walked back inside. Heavy was the first to get on, taking notice of how fancy the inside of the plane looks, Shrugging he sat on one of the red seats holding Sasha. Medic sat down next to him, looking around in a bit of suspicion, but he didn't say anything.

Once everyone was aboard the plane, James announced they would be taking off soon, Miss. Pauling looked up a bit. Soon was actually a minute, it was actually a pretty quick takeoff, slightly rough at first with a bit of turbulence but soon it was a smooth flight. "We will reach out destination in five hours so sit back, read a book and enjoy this free flight" James said through the intercom. Heavy looked up and out the window as the plane slowly took off and the ground slowly disappeared into the clouds.

-----

"They're taking off sir" Ninja said, lowering her binoculars and looking back at her boss.

"Great let's go"