Chapter twenty three; Talking with Mouko

Katie glanced at Hunter as he entered the room, she smiled and waved her hand. "Hey" she said. "I heard you let that guy get out"

"Olo let that prisoner escape" Hunter replied with a scowl. "The kid ran out the door, slammed it shut before Olo could get him." He then pinched the bridge of his nose. "We now have that weird mask guy" he made an annoyed motioned with his hands.

"I have a mask" Katie pointed to her mask. "Do you think it's weird?" He paused to stare at her and then shook his head, chuckling.

"You are weird sometimes"

Katie crossed her arms. "Let's go check on that Dragon" she said, starting to walk out, Hunter paused, glancing out the window before following.

Meanwhile...

"Not family" Scout said, staring up at the massive beast in front of him, while it seemed friendly you never know. "Well kinda but we ain't a family, we're a team" he looked away, starting to get annoyed by this dragon.

"But little one thinks of them as family yes?" Mouko lifted a claw. "Can feel feelings as well"

"Like you know what I'm feeling right now!"

"You feel annoyed, frustrated and lost" Mouko replied closing his eyes he breathed steadily. "And confused"

"Okay maybe you can" Scout raised a hand, trying to calm himself down. How did this dragon get on his nerves so easily?

"So is family" Mouko opened his eyes and seemed to smile. "Even if not related" Why did it look weird when dragons smile?

Scout rolled his eyes. "yeh Whatev-"

"Does team leave one behind?"

"Well-"

"Does it?"

"Well no- Soldier got this strict thing goin' around sayin' not to leave anyone behind" Even though he left them with Demoman to go find Merasmus for some reason. "And S- oh shit!" He just realized. "I left Spy back there!" He now looked stressed, shaking his head. "Man I messed up" he sat down on a rock. "Now what? I don't know what to do" he mumbled.

"Little one is lost" Mouko repeated, he got a simple grunt of annoyance in reply. The large dragon stood, Scout noticed how big he really was. "I will help little one find family"

"Not family and-" Scout suddenly blinked, looking up. "Wait did you just say you'd help me. Me?" He motioned to himself. "Why?"

Mouko shifted his position, stretching his limbs. "Why not?" He inquired, glancing down at the young man. "Do I need a reason to do things?"

"Well yeah"

Mouko hummed in thought, the feathers running down his body smoothed themselves. "I suppose I do not like the hunters on my island" he lowered his head to get to eye level. "They kill without purpose, and capture my kind, I do not like to see it. So to cause them trouble would be nice"

Scout furrowed his brows. "But wouldn't that be risky?"

"Indeed, but you interest me. So I will help"

The latter grinned. "Well then let's go over the plan"

_________

Roughly pushed into the room the Spy grunted, feeling the odd artificial grass in-between his fingers as he fell to the ground, glancing up he stared at the doorway where Ivan stared down at him, Olo besides him. "You'll survive" Ivan spat before slamming the door stuck, Spy raised a brow and sat up straight, wincing at the brief pain in his leg. Great. Now the chance of escape just lowered, he rubbed his forehead but paused at the sound in front of him, the french man turned and furrowed his brows but quickly realized exactly what he was looking at-

A jaguar, the large cat slinked over to his area, eyes dilated due to the light in the room and paws making a crunching sound in the fake grass on their feet, there was surprisingly no sound coming from the animal, they were being more quiet then a mouse. Spy lifted his knife and swung it, missing by a hair and the large animal backed away, faltering before snorting in what seemed to be annoyance. The jaguar turned and stalked away, collapsing down and staring at the human from the other side of the room. Spy lowered his weapon he had been allowed to keep on him- actually he wouldn't say allowed to keep. More like hid it without notice.

"You'll survive"

He studied the animal for a long time, a bowl with some meat in the corner of the room indicated that the animal was well fed but how skinny it looked made it look like the big cat wasn't eating, and the look in its eyes- it had simply given up. He almost pitied the poor animal if it weren't for the fact that he was potentially stuck with an apex predator ready to pounce any moment if it decided it got too hungry and would prefer human instead of something already dead and cut up. Though he couldn't deny seeing such a predator like this, broken, it was cruel.

"You'll survive"

What was Ivan's plan in keeping him alive anyway?"

[A/N: Short chapter, I just wanted to get this part done already]