Chapter five; Rascal meets RED

So far, it was a tie between RED and BLU, they have been fighting for at least four hours and Sniper was a bit surprised that only Heavy found out about Rascal, telling him he'll talk about it later Heavy only gave him a nod and then ran into the battlefield yelling a battle cry. The BLU Spy had only came to where he was five times, each time he was found out by Rascal and killed by Snipers machete, but he assumed the other man wanted a closer look at the dragon.

"We have taken the enemies intelligence!"

He grumbled a bit and aimed back down at the battlefield, no time for overthinking, they were about to win anyway.

"The enemy has taken our intelligence!"

"Damnit" it was a race now, he looked down upon the battlefield and noticed Scout with the Intel strapped to his back. "Hurry it up will ya bloody mongrel..." Sniper mumbled to himself.

"The enemy has dropped our intelligence"

He looked through his scope and saw the Spy pull his knife out of the BLU Scout. "You got blood on my suit" he picked up the RED intelligence and took it back into the base.

"We have capture the enemy  intelligence! You win!" Sniper leaned back with a sigh, Rascal squawked in surprise at the sudden movement and tilted her head.

"Hey Snipes! Didja see that? I capped the Intel three times in a row! All by myself" Scout boasted, coming up to his nest.

Sniper sighed and stood up, grabbing his riffle. "Yeah I saw" he also saw him being blown up by the enemy Soldier a few times but didn't dare say it.

"Oh hey! Dusty!" Scout grabbed the dragon, Rascal didn't seem to mind. "Wait-"

"Sniper!" The Heavy called up from down below. "Come here now! You have much explaining to do about little creature!"

"Shit" Scout cursed. "How did Heavy find out about Dusty? You didn't tell him didya?"

"Rascal" Sniper correct as the little dragon struggled out of Scouts arms and flapped her wings, struggling to fly but managed to get a jump boost over to Snipers shoulder. Can't fly yet, but can certainly jump! "Probably saw 'er jumping around my nest"

"Uh yeah sure" Scout said, hearing Heavy shout once again to explain he rushed down with Sniper behind him.

"What's going on? What's with all da shouting?" Scout asked, Soldier poked his head into the room while Engineer looked up from his sentry. "Hm?"

"Sniper needs to explain little creature on shoulder" He pointed to Rascal.

"Its a dragon" Sniper said, everyone in the room excluding Spy, looked up in confusion and interest.

"A dragon? Aren't those supposed to be..." Engineer started. "Nonexistent? They're just a fairy tale right?"

"Yeah but not exactly" Demoman chimed in. "We found an egg in that cave nearby, it hatched into a bloody dragon! Cool right?" He took a sip out of his bottle.

Sniper honestly expected someone randomly shouting or Soldier wanting to fight Rascal, but nothing too serious happened.

The RED Mercs seemed to be just curious and confused at the same time."That doesn't look like a dragon" Soldier spoke, breaking the silence. "It looks like a goat with claws and wings and scales"

"It'z fascinating!" Medic cried out, grabbing Rascal from Snipers shoulder, this time the smol dragon struggled in the tight grip. "May I take a blood sample herr sniper?" He asked.

"Er yeah sure" Sniper replied, a bit uneasy about the sudden excitement and quiestions. As Medic was getting his blood sample, Sniper turned his attention to Spy, who had just entered the room.

"Good job out zhere today gentlemen" Spy said. "Let's keep up with zhis win streak shall we...?" He stared and blinked, staring at Rascal with mild confusion. "What the hell is that?!"

Rascal looked up and growled at spy, not knowing the difference between the BLU and the RED yet. "He isn't the enemy Rascal" Sniper said, grabbing the dragon back from Medic once he was done getting his sample, Medic excitingly went to the infirmary to do some experiments.

"What is that?" Spy motioned to the baby dragon, who growled once again at him, he backed away a bit.

"It's a bloody dragon mate!" Demoman put him arms around the spy, much to his discomfort. "They're real see!"

"Yes I can see it very clearly..." Spy deadpanned, pushing Demoman off him. "Why iz it here?"

"Demo stole the egg from a cave near the base" Sniper replied. "It hatched in my camper"

"Why didn't you kill it?" Spy crossed his arms, Sniper gave him a look.

"It's a baby"

"Of course" Spy rolled his eyes mockingly. "Well? Take it back to where you found it then"

"Nah" Sniper said, crossing his arms, he had felt the same as Spy was feeling now about the little dragon, but he was sorta attached to the little baby dragon now.

"And why not?" Spy uncrossed his arms and looked at him.

"She's useful"

"She?"

"Yes, Rascals a girl" Sniper let Rascal climb on top his shoulder and she squawked.

"I will not allow a lady on my battlefield!" Soldier shouted, raising his hand. "Even if it's a dragon!"

"Now let's let Sniper talk alright?" Engineer said. "He needs ta explain why this little fella is so useful" he seemed to be the only one who was the least surprised by the dragon.

Sniper gave Engineer a nod. "Thanks mate" he said.

"Yer welcome Sniper"

"Spy can ya cloak for me?" Sniper asked. "I'd like to give a demonstration, it'll be easier than explaining"

"Fine" Spy said, he moved a bit from side to side then disappeared from sight making Rascal perk up and growl, moving her head to follow something no one else could see. The others in the room watched intently, confused at first but quickly figured out what was going on. Before anyone could say something, Rascal jumped off of Snipers shoulder and bit something.

Spy yelled out in surprise and a bit of pain and uncloaked, shaking his arm to his the dragon off of him. Sniper whistles and Rascal perked up, letting go of Spy and running back over to Sniper, hissing at spy. "Ya trained him to attack Spies?" Scout asked.

"Nah" Sniper replied. "She taught herself" he smiled and picked up Rascal. "And she just comes when I whistle, didn't train the shelia to do that either"

"Look!" Medic yelled out as he ran back into the room, waving around see papers. "I found something on ze dragon! After taking the blood sample I did some exciting research-"

"Just get to da point doc" Scout said, boredly yawning.

Medic rolled his eyes and looked down at the papers he had. "It's a Ble fteró, better known as Blue wing dragon, it's Greek!"

"How do you know this?" Engineer asked, Medic noticed Spys injured arm and started to heal it with his Medigun.

"Thank you doctor"

"Research!" Medic replied, ignoring Spy and handing the papers to Sniper who read over them.

"Well, thanks for the info doc, it was... helpful"

"You are welcome Herr Engineer!"

Engineer then turned back to Sniper. "So...what else can Rascal do?"