Chapter twenty; Dragon down

"What in tarnation?!" Engineer shouted, the net had been thrown over their heads but didn't actually fall down on them. Instead it fell on Dusty. Dusty screeched in surprise and anger  struggling to get the net off of her, Sniper reacted quickly, pulling on the net to free her. Only to be caught in one himself, the net was shot at him, wrapping around him and a tree behind him, Rascal squawked in surprise and jumped off of Snipers head, running and hiding behind Heavy.

"Wooo" Hunter jumped out of the bushes, surprising everyone but Medic and Heavy. "That was easy"

"Who are you?" Miss Pauling raised her pistol, pointing it at the stranger, he only rolled his eyes and hoisted the net gun over his shoulder. "Call me Hunter, that's my nickname" he said. "Cuz I hunt things" Pyro decided it would be a good idea to stop playing with the poisonous snake and stand up, flamethrower in hand.

Dusty roared, managing to poke her head out of the net she opened her mouth to fire. But Hunter acted quickly, aiming the net gun and pulling the trigger, then three more nets wrapped around the large dragon, one around the snout closing her mouth and the other two around her tail and wings. "Gotcha"

"Oi!"

"It was nice meeting ya fellas, even if it was brier" Hunter said as he jumped on top of Dusty's back, and a helicopter was seen above, dropping two lines with hooks. "But I must be goin' thanks for the distraction" he hooked the hooks around the net and gave a signal to the helicopter above.

Heavy raised Sasha, ready to shoot and stop him from getting away when Sniper shouted at him. "Heavy don't you dare!" Heavy looked over at Sniper, a bit surprised but hesitantly lowered Sasha, Sniper watched helplessly as the helicopter carried off Dusty.

After a moment of silence Medic sliced the rubber ropes off of Sniper with his saw. "Now zhat zhat's over" Medic said. "We can go home"

Sniper rubbed his wrists before looking at Medic and shaking his head. "No"

"Und Vhy not?" Medic asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rascal ran and jumped onto Snipers shoulder. "We need tah save Dusty" he replied.

"That big dragon?" Engineer looked at Sniper. "Sniper I don't think we can"

"Well I ain't gonna stand around and do nothing" Sniper moved forward, following the sound of the helicopter. Miss Pauling followed him quickly, with the others behind her, she had to somehow convince him to come and find a way back to base. Or help him out in the rescue mission.

Meanwhile

Katie waited outside the base with Ivan right beside her, behind them was a large empty cage. "Are you sure the dragon is secured?" Ivan asked over the radio, he paused to listen to the reply before nodding. "Yeah I see you"

Katie looked up to see the helicopter lowering itself above the cage from above, she didn't know how but she must've not heard it, is she going deaf? Katie shook her head and watched as Hunter unhooked the dragon from the ropes and grinned when Dusty fell into the open cage. The ceiling closed and the dragon struggled against the rope around her snout. "Take care of this" Ivan said to Hunter and Katie. "I'm going to call the big guy than check on our prisoners" he looked at Dusty. "I bet she's hungry..." He mused walking away.

Katie and Hunter looked at each other and went to work.

Again... Meanwhile...

...CLANG

"Okay..." Merasmus mumbled, hoisting the sledgehammer over his shoulder. "There's a crack, one more hit should-"

Soldiers cut him off by grabbing the hammer. "Let me do it hippie!" He shouted.

"SOLDIER WAIT-"

Poor Merasmus, always getting cut off mid sentence, Soldier had just slammed the sledgehammer down on the cracked scale and when it shattered nothing happened for a moment. Merasmus seemed to relax. "Maybe-" he never got to finish, Because surprise! Bright light and Bam.

Two mercs and a wizard gone from sight! A raccoon wondered into the room and proceeded with ripping apart random books, Merasmus was in for a treat when he gets home.