Chapter nine; Hard landing

Sniper was beginning to get tired of looking at just plain blue ocean, it was beginning to make him remember the enemy team, actually the blue on both the dragons did, he wondered why Soldier didn't freak out and try to kill Rascal yelling. 'YOU ARE A SPY!'
Or something. Sniper sighed a bit and saw the island in the distance, finally something else to look at- He didn't expect that when the dragon was landing on the island that her tail would get tangled in some kind of weird net that was shot from nowhere (the island was uninhabitable, so someone must've set up a trap trigger by movement and then left), making them all fall,  dragon let go of Sniper and he hit a few branched before landing on his back on the ground, they had landed in a clearing surrounded by cliffs, Sniper was unharmed despite the bruises.

"Holy Dooley" Sniper said, sitting up with alarm, He knew he had an option to escape, find something to get off this island, but then he noticed the desperate look in the dragons eyes as it tried to get the net off of her tail.
He felt a bit guilty, if he and Demo hadn't went and explored that damn cave none of this would of happened. 
He grabbed his machete and slowly walked over to the dragon, putting Rascal down as he walked. The dragon noticed him and growl.
Sniper waved his hand in a non threatening manner, the dragon still growled and watched carefully as he approached her tail, but made no movement to attack.

"I'm just trying to help" Sniper reached her tail and bent down to examine the net, it was a net made out of rubber so possibly fire resistant, and it'll be hard to cut.
He heard the dragon quiet down before he sliced his machete through the rubber, nothing happened. Two or three more hits might do the trick.
Actually it took only two hits before the rubber fell apart, the dragon turned to him and growled again, staring at his machete.

"Huh?" Sniper looked at the machete and cursed silently, the dragon thought he was a threat, even after he saved her? With a sigh and threw his machete to the ground and kicked it away. The dragon pupils instantly went round and she tilted her head walking over to him she sniffed him like a dog would.

"Oi" Sniper raised his hand to push the dragon away but she instantly backed away with a growl. "Okay, no touching" he went to pick up Rascal when the smol dragon bumped into his leg, but he stopped when the dragon growled again, he backed away. "And no touching Rascal you got it" Sniper put his hands up in surrender and the dragon hissed before going into a more calmer state.
Sniper thought it was awkward just standing around doing nothing, he wondered why the dragon even took him here, unless she wanted to eat him.

He shuddered at the thought of being eaten alive, he looked at the dragon who was trying to get Rascal to notice her but all Rascal did was stare at Sniper. "Why did you-" he was cut off when the dragon picked him up and walked a few steps before dropping him next to the river. The dragon sat down and looked at him expectantly while Rascal bounded over.

"Wot do ya want me to do?" Sniper asked, a bit confused. The dragon tilted her head before she stood, watching the water before diving her head in, Sniper blinked as she brought out a mouth full of fish and dumped them in front of Sniper.
Rascal squawked in awe and instantly dug into one of the fish, happily eating it, the motherly dragon happily hummed in delight and then turned to Sniper with a tilted head, as if to ask him if he wanted to eat.
Sniper notice she was staring at him and raised a hand, the large dragon huffed and went back to watching her baby eat.

Today was going to be a long day.