/~8~/- Never Let Leo Be In Charge

Percy/Pablo POV

His heart raced as they went out shopping. Would people recognize him through the disguise? Would people see through it? But most of all he couldn't stop staring at Annabeth as she hummed softly as if to a old tune.  Her golden curls fell down to her chest and she wore a simple outfit. A pair of jeans and a black tank top, making her skin look very......... he couldn't complete the thought as he almost rammed his head into a wall. 

"I did not see that." he grumbled and side stepped, and Annabeth just laughed. 

"Your head is so full of kelp." She muttered. I almost froze in utter and complete shock. She called me that during our meet up at the sandwich place. Had she seen through it......she hoped she hadn't, he didn't want to loose another girl because of him. He was very......skilled at making them rage and throw clay pots, leaving fresh cuts on his forehead.....but he was used to them.....as he grew up with a abusive step father....

"Pablo. Your going to run into another wall if you don't keep your head up." Annabeth said barley containing her laughter, doubling over and trying to keep it in, though it didn't look like it was working. 

A laugh escaped her lips and it was more than music to Pablo's ears. He had heard many good voices, many good laughters and many, many beautiful women, but Annabeth struck him as something a little different. Your not here to get a new girl, to get a education and then go on the World Tour in April. Percy silently scolded himself and they kept moving along the store, looking for bouncy balls about the same size as a gumball. 

"Pablo, here!" Annabeth called to him from across an aisle. She was standing at a plastic bucket filled with green and red bouncy balls. Indicating it was a bouncy ball, she picked one up and dropped it on the floor, her fingers spreading outwards. The ball bounced about half of her height and the bounced smaller and smaller as time inclined. 

Pablo walked over and looked into the plastic bucket, it only had red and green. 

"We need an array of colors, like yellow, blue, green and orange." He said, and Annabeth pointed to another plastic bucket next to the one they where looking at. It had purple , yellow and orange bouncy balls in them. He shook his head. They where missing a HUGE color, that would destroy him if they didn't have it. 

Annabrth sighed and presses her palm against her forehead, like she was dealing with a toddler in their Terrible Twos or something. 

"Pablo, what is it?" She said and her hands spread out to all the bouncy balls. I gave a frown. 

"Theres no blue, Annabeth." I smiled and she rolled her grey eyes. They where stormy and.....scary as Valdez would put it. Annabeth walked over and grabbed two fistfuls of blue bouncy balls and dropped them into the buckets. 

"There." I smiled, satisfied with the blue bouncy balls. We checked out, bouncy balls where expensive.  The bouncy ball industry would be making $50 bucks and I paid, seeing that Annabeth still hand't found a job other than working at a gas station. I was kind of worried. I mean we weren't good friends or anything but still, we hung out and I didn't want her to go into poverty or something. 

"So Pablo, tell me about yourself." Annabeth said as I drove my step fathers Paul, old beat up Prius he dosen't need anymore. During a horse stampede from the local stables, a horse somehow ended up on the roof and the indentations where still there. 

"I grew up in New York, had a abusive step father, my real father bailed out on me and my mom when I was little.  Luckily when I turned 12, my mom got rid of my abusive step father. Married a guy named Paul." I said quickly not wanting to spill to much, as the media and the people knew wayyyyy to much about Pablos, family. Annabeth nodded her head like she got the word abusive and  she seemed like it was a normal word to her. Like milk or eggs. Something like that.