/~31~/-Party Drinks

Annabeth POV

I hurried back to my apartment as soon as possible. I called Piper and texted Thalia(haven't seen her in months) and tried to not stress. Luke had surely hard the news and wanted to 'chat' with me. 

I wouldn't talk to him for weeks. I wont talk to him and I dont want to. 

After a couple of minutes Percy came busting into the room, looking thoroughly surprised. 

"What is it?" I say trying to not look stressed but I know he can see it in my face.

"Theres the 30th annual Gala my company presents every year where they invite load of different people. But this year....it's all about their kids and...." He trailed off and he didn't need to speak more. He wasn't invited because he is HE. He's invited because of his heritage and I can see why he is upset. 

"And you want me to come with?" I finish, trying to not blush. Red creeps up his neck and ears like water trickling down. 

"Well....only if you want to....you don't have to. I get it if you dont." He murmurs looking flushed. 

"I'll go." I say brightly. He dosnt look up. 

"Its okay I get it. You dont have to go I dont want to put you through this." He mutters looking embarrassed. 

"Percy I said I would go." I restrain the laugher as best as I can . 

"Wait what?" His head snaps up and looks thoroughly confused.  

"I said I would go, now I know Piper, Hazel and Reyna are going so I'm texting them and where going shopping in about two hours. The Gala is tomorrow so we'll be ready by then." I said rather quickly. He frowned and still looked confused. 

"How do you know our friends are going?" He said before I could reach the door. 

I smiled thinly. Boys are so dull. 

"Just did." I replied simply and left without further ado. Piper and Hazel where already at the mall and Calypso(her father is an enemy of Olympus but she helped win the war) was picking up Reyna. 

We where supposed to be meeting at Aphrodites, the biggest clothing and fashion industry in the entire world. It's crazy how much clothes they can produce within hours. It's mostly a good company expect for those horrible models(Drew Tanaka and rich little prick Ms. Dare.) 

"Annabeth! You asked Percy to the Gala?" Hazel squealed as we stepped onto the moving escalator. I nodded feverishly. 

I should back up and explain. It's weird how all of friends all have famous parents. Franks dad is awesome general, Hazels dad is part of the Big Trio, who is one of the richest men on earth. I'm the only one of the group without a famous parent. Well unless you count my father who is a world renowned professor in some parts of the world. Even without dates they would still be all coming. 

Calypso and Reyna where somehow already at the Aphrodite entrance which was scarcely busy for a weekend. 

"Ready girls?" A high pitched exited voice floated from inside of the store. Piper and Reyna was pale with...either anger or sickness. 

"She can't be here." Piper gasped between breaths like she was having a heart attack. I knew that voice well enough to know Piper hated it. 

"Oh Piper stop being so dramatic." Aphrodite chided, looking displeased at her daughter who was surely being surprised by the visit of her mother. 

"My lady what are you doing here?" Reyna spoke up before the rest and said quite pompously. Aphrodite smiled, showing her straight perfect white teeth.