/~28~/- A Little Fame For You Ma'am?

Percy POV. 

Rachel Dare. 

How do I put her? Stupid, foolish, creative, attention seeking wart hog. And of course the rich bitchy snob part of her. 

Once we made our way back to the apartment, our faces were plastered all over the internet. Of course there where ideas Annabeth was using me. But of course that's not true. She would never hurt me on purpose. Ever. 

Screens all around New York where blazing with my image, Annabeths too, reporters looking her up, visiting her work. All could go down hill any moment. 

It was an exilorating feeling, like I was floating. But all it did was push the raw exposed memories of my uprise into the world of fame and celebrity's and how I found out my heritage, my father and thrusting me into money, power and voice, and how important it can be. 

Year and A Half Ago, 

Goode High

It was a normal spring day. It was closing in onto the last daunting month of school. I remember it like it was yesterday. Me and Jason where hanging out with in detention, lunch detention in Mrs, Dodd's office. We where arm wrestling, testing each other's puny strength. We where so nervous to go to college one day. It was a scary thought, not being able to depend on your parents for everything, but we where juniors then and next year we would be seniors. 

After lunch detention had ended we parted ways to classrooms opposite of each other, Jason going to physics and I was going to my English classroom with Paul. He was the best ever, making everyone happy and felt like I had a real dad once in a long time. 

The class was quiet and Paul hadn't arrived yet, which was odd, he must be dealing with a situation. The class was waiting as I did I slipped on my headphones and started to sing along to one of my favorite songs, Believe by Score. It was just a good song to listen to. 

I remember closing my eyes and singing softly along, not noticing the gaping mouths looking at me and Harry Moralis recording me on YouTube for his channel. 

I loved the way the lyrics floated out of my mouth gracefully, it felt so right to sing, pour my heart  out to those who need music to soothe the soul and make it heal, fix the depression behind it. Music then had saved me from real death, in a way I never thought could happen. 

The next day I could see people gawking at me and whispering my name. What had I done? That is until Jason showed me the video, over fifty million views in under twenty four hours, going number three on trending. I couldn't believe it. I thought it to be a ruse. My voice wasn't that good. Could it be? 

The pending summer was hectic, I was founded by Olympic, the company. It was a weird summer, meeting my Uncle Zeus. 

"Kid, you've go talent, raw talent. It's amazing how you haven't been discovered before." He said, one of the kindest words he's said to me. I already knew he was Jason's father. But it felt different. 

"Kid, your father....he is my brother." He had said a few weeks later. I dropped the phone, clattering to the ground, I was related to Jason. He was my cousin. 

"He is Poseidon, owns the seas, King of Seas. Your father." 

I don't remember a more troubling day, I asked my mother about this and she cried into a tea towel, her gray hair seemed to age thirty years. 

"He wanted to make me a Queen, build me a castle. But I refused and all he asked is that I raise you without you knowing." She said trying to stop crying. All I remember is how he smelled of sea salt and his presence was like the ocean. 

Fame and money hadn't been everything. It was a horrid thing. It overtook people like crazy. All I know is that I am the son of the seas, and I have a voice that overtook the world. 

Now

My thoughts are scattered everyday. 

It's a hard to live two lives as one, one as a hard working college kid with a hot amazing girlfriend and the other as a superstar with a beautiful girl and over fifty million $ in his name. 

It would be so much different if none of my fame hadn't happened. Me and Annabeth still might be together. She makes me feel something in my heart, like someone's pulling on the heartstrings. Every time I look at her I am more in love that I was a second ago. Is this is what it's like to love someone who is better than you? To be obsessed with one glance? 

But I know, somewhere deep down, fame and love are polar opposites and they don't attract. 

I never asked for fame, the money, lavish riches and cameras snapping every movement. The only thing that keeps me grounded is Annabeth, my friends and music, 

It is the only reason I haven't left to the heavens yet.