03; The Dead Man's Party

"No, Tyler, that's my brother," the brunette girl exclaimed, whirling to her best friend

"No, Tyler, that's my brother," the brunette girl exclaimed, whirling to her best friend. "These vampires, who, by the way, I thought only existed in Twilight! They have my brother. Do you expect me to sit around, doing nothing?"

Tyler groaned, throwing his head back and leaning against the wall of the institute. He knew this was going to be bad, Simon being taken away by vampires. He also knew how hard it was going to be for Simon's sister, who was Tyler's best friend. "He'll be fine, Tris, they're just negotiating—"

"Yeah, negotiating with my brother!" Tris yelled, eyes wide. "Look, if we don't get him back, I don't know what I will say to my sister or my mom! They don't even know that her daughter has something called the Sight, or that her son is kidnapped by a bunch of undead people!"

"Yeah, and don't you think I know that?" Tyler asked. "And what about my father? He doesn't even know where I am right now! He probably would've called the police!"

Tris let out a sigh, as she looked at the boy in front of her. "I know, I'm sorry." She knew it was going to be difficult for him since his mother died when he was only nine, and he only had his father. His little brother also died, before he was born, a miscarriage. But this was a way they bonded, with his mother gone and her father leaving her at a young age, the two bonded really quickly.

Tyler looked at the Lewis girl sadly. "What if I have to tell my father about this? What if he won't accept it?"

Tris smiled at him. "Then you have me, don't you?"

He smiled back, pulling the brunette in a hug. He knew she would never leave him, no matter what. Especially after what had happened to her last time with her friend, Tyler was sure that she would never let a soul harm him.

The pair heard the sounds of footsteps, and they stopped. As they pulled away, Jace stood in front of them, a look on his face. "Can you guys come outside now?"

Tris shared a look with Tyler before nodding and following the blonde outside, to the main area in the institute. The blue lighting shone on the brunette girl, making her hair look lighter and her eyes darker. Jace looked at the girl before looking away. He felt as if he had seen her before, somewhere, but he couldn't remember where. 

Sighing, he stepped up near one of the tables to explain to the pair what exactly was going on. Clary and the Lightwood siblings joined in, circling around the table.

"The vamps want the Cup," Jace began.

"Why?" Clary asked immediately, stopping him from saying anything. 

"It makes new Shadowhunters. Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself. Plus, it controls demons," Jace explained. "They'll propose a trade; Simon for the Cup."

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup." Clary looked at the blonde boy. "Either way, I lose someone I love."