22; Magnus Hates Party-Crashers

Tris decided that she would probably hang around the bar for the entire party

Tris decided that she would probably hang around the bar for the entire party. It was Max, the youngest Lightwood's rune ceremony party that Alec wanted Magnus. So of course, there was booze and there was a specific theme: Spain. Apparently it's where Robert proposed to Maryse and since he wasn't able to come, Magnus thought to celebrate the joyous memory.

Nick was busy mingling with everyone, being the open person he is. As she was looking around, she found Tyler talking to Max, smiling at the young boy. Tris turned to look at her side, where Jace found a seat for himself, ordering a beer and then turning to Tris. "You want anything?"

She cleared her throat. "Beer's fine, thanks."

"Uh, two beers," Jace ordered, and the werewolf girl with the curly hair smiled.

"I thought I smelled cocky," the curly haired girl told him.

Jace rose his brows. "Magnus must be really scraping the bottom of the bartender barrel."

"Aw, you still bitter about getting your ass kicked by a werewolf?"

At this, Tris smiled. "Oh, you're Maia," she exclaimed. The werewolf girl smiled right back and the two girls shook each other's hands. "I'm Tris. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"Wow, really?" Maia grinned. "Why?"

"Well, I always like to meet someone who can beat blondie's little ass," Tris smirked and rose a brow at Jace, who was glaring at her. He knew he shouldn't have told her. She would tease him about it for the rest of his life. "Don't I, blondie?"

"In case you forgot, that was a three-against-one fight," Jace argued, lightly shoving her shoulder. Tris laughed at how childish he was being. 

"Well, I'm actually happy I didn't maul you to death," Maia sighed.

"Why? So you can slowly annoy me to death instead?"

"No," Maia told him. "Because now I know you didn't kill Gretel."

"I asked for two beers," Jace reminded her bluntly.

"Beer's boring. Have some sangria. Apparently Magnus has a thing for Spain."

Tris shook her head, grabbing the drink. "No, it's for Maryse and Robert. Apparently they got engaged in Barcelona."

Tris looked at the entrance and found Clary and Simon. She thought of it as normal, but when her gaze lowered, she was startled to see them holding hands. It's about damn time, she thought. She glanced at Jace who looked away from the pair and looked at the Lewis girl, shrugging. "Didn't think he had it in him." 

"Guess your date didn't go so well, huh?" Tris chuckled sadly.

"No, it went great," he sighed, forcing a smile before he sipped his drink. "I, uh, told him to make a move, and that's exactly what he did."