12; Away

Tris loudly banged her fist on the door to Tyler's home, sighing as she looked down at the dress she was still wearing

Tris loudly banged her fist on the door to Tyler's home, sighing as she looked down at the dress she was still wearing. The streets were empty except for a homeless man sitting near a log, clutching a jacket around himself. Tyler still hadn't opened the door. Tris banged on the door harder, impatient. When she glanced at the necklace again, tears finally spilled from her eyes as silent sobs escaped her lips. She looked around before hearing footsteps walking towards the door.

The door finally opened, revealing Tyler, his hair disheveled, his eyes squinting and his lips in a pout. He was dressed in his sweatpants and he wasn't wearing his shirt, so Tris assumed he was most definitely asleep; she felt guilty for waking him up. "Tris?" Came Tyler's voice, scratchier, more low. He let her in, and shut the door behind him, confused as to why she was wearing the dress. "What's wrong?"

Tris didn't say anything, and Tyler reached for his glasses, finally feeling more awake and alert. She turned around and shoved a necklace into his palm. He looked down to see the piece of jewelry, confused. His eyes widened as he read the engraving, and he looked up at the brunette, who was in tears. "Where-Where did you find this?"

She wasn't able to form words, so when Tyler gave her a glass of water, she gratefully accepted it and calmed down, as the both sat down on the couch, facing each other. She explained about what happened with Ragnor Fell and with Alec and Lydia's wedding. Tyler listened quietly, until she stopped talking. 

"I don't know why Ragnor had this," Tris said in a shaky voice.

"And that's what we'll find out. Just the two of us."

▪▪▪

Tris and Tyler had returned to the Institute, dressed in casual clothes. Tris had to change her clothes, but was too lazy to return to the Institute and then change, so she wore a pair of black leggings she always kept with a few other clothes, at Tyler's place, and since she couldn't find a shirt, she just wore Tyler's red and black flannel shirt and also his slippers that were too big on her, but the heels she was wearing were killing her feet anyway.

The pair found the rest of the group huddled around a screen, and they greeted them with smiles. "What's going on?" Tyler asked, nodding to the screen.

Jace explained how when Lydia was securing the Mortal Cup, someone had knocked her out and taken the Cup, and the last words she had said were "Hodge." Tris nodded once Jace finished. "How is she?" Tyler asked. 

"Better," Alec answered with a small nod. "Magnus is doing what he can to help her, but it's bad. And the Cup is definitely missing." He inhaled deeply. "So is Hodge."

"Maybe he was attacked, too," Clary suggested.

"Maybe he's the one who attacked her," Tris thought out loud, her brows scrunched.

"Hodge?" Isabelle scoffed. "No way. We've known him our entire lives. He would never do that to us."

"I led him right to the Cup," Jace groaned. "We treated him like family. How could he do this to us?"