15; She's Missing

Tris didn't know how she survived

Tris didn't know how she survived. When she fell into the water, all she could think about was her pale, dead body sinking down slowly, never to be found. But when she got up, gasping for air, she found she was on land, all alone. A boy with dark hair, probably in his teenage years, was standing a few feet away from her, a frisbee in hand and he was wearing his swimming trunks, a confused look etched on his face.

Tris, still gasping for air, stood up, her feet still in the water. She wiped the water away from her eyes with her pruned up fingers and pushed her wet hair back, walking towards the boy. He was still staring at her. She was a feet away from him, a regular distance.

"Do you have a phone?" She asked. The dirt was sticking to her wet legs and she did not like it one bit. There was a reason why she despised places like these, and that was the dirt and sand sticking to her legs after a swim. Otherwise, it was fine.

"Yes," the boy replied, furrowing his brows.

"May I use it?"

"No."

"Please, I'm in desperate need of--" And then she saw it, faint marks of runes on his skin, littered all over his chest. "You're a Shadowhunter," she whispered.

"No, I'm--"

"Did you use foundation?" Tris asked, an amused smile playing on her lips. "Creative."

The boy blushed. "I'm Louis Herondale."

"Tristen Lewis." She looked around and then her gaze returned to Louis. "Now can I have your phone?"

"Oh, yeah," he passed his phone and she quickly dialed Simon's number and on the fourth ring, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Simon?"

"Tris!" She heard him sigh in relief. "Oh, Thank God you're okay!"

"Could you come get me? Please, Si."

"Of course! Where are you?"

"I think. . ." Tris looked at Louis. "This is Hudson river, right?"

He nodded.

"Hudson river," she firmly said into the phone and before hanging up she said, "Get here quick."

▪▪▪

Simon ran into his sister's arms, making her stumble a little. Tris laughed, wrapping her arms around him completely, swaying a little. She breathed in his familiar scent and felt like she was back home. Her stomach churned at the thought of home, but she tried to suppress it down.

Simon pulled away, grinning. "I-I can't believe it," he breathed out. "You're actually back."

"I know," Tris squealed, a smile etched on her face. She then asked the question that ran through her mind. "Did you guys find Jace, Nick and Clary?"