04; Raising Hell

Laughing, Tris watched Jace as he talked to Tyler in the sassiest way

Laughing, Tris watched Jace as he talked to Tyler in the sassiest way. Only a few hours ago, they had saved her brother. She spent a couple hours with him before returning to the institute, where Tyler and Jace were having an arguement over who is the better friend of the Lewis girl's.

"I gave her one of my weapons," Jace exclaimed.

"I gave her the last piece of cake I had," Tyler retorted. Tris made a sound of agreement.

"Tyler wins," she said, winking at her best friend. Jace frowned. Tris laughed, standing up and patting him on the shoulder. "Maybe challenge him once you really get to know me, alright?"

Jace pouted, watching Tyler leave the room once he bid the brunette girl goodbye. Tris looked over to him with a small smile on her face. "Cheer up, blondie."

He glared at her, while she easily made her way over to his bed, getting comfortable. "You're on my bed, you know," said Jace.

"Oh, wow," Tris said, sarcastically, her voice muffled by the bedsheets. "Well noticed."

She didn't notice when Jace got rid of his shirt and started punching the punch bag. Tris stared in fascination, how he would move, hit the bag and the way he would use each part of his hand. Suddenly, he stopped and looked towards the brunette girl. "You're distracting me."

"I'm not even saying anything," Tris said innocently, making Jace's heart skip a beat.

"No, but you're still distracting me," said Jace. Tris smiled as she moved from laying on her side, to her back. Tris stared at him from the corner of her eye, but looked over to the door as she heard it open.

"Jace, I need to talk to you about something, it's really--" the redhead stopped speaking as soon as she saw Jace shirtless. "Oh, sorry, I-I really should've knocked first." Her gaze fixated at Tris, who was still laying on the bed. Clary glared at her from the corner of her eye.

"Let me just grab a shirt," Jace said, walking over to his bed and grabbing a shirt that was at the end of the bed, putting it on and watching the brunette girl as she sat up.

"So, what's up? You wanted to see me?" Jace asked, sitting beside Tris on the bed, where Clary slowly made her way over to. 

"Yeah, I need you to tell me everything you know about Magnus Bane," she answered.

"Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, why?" 

"Because that vampire, Camille, practically accused him of stealing my memories."

"Where did you hear that?" Jace asked, placing his elbows on his knees. 

"When Simon told Camille someone took my memories back at the Hotel DuMort, she blamed Magnus Bane," Clary explained, briefly glancing at Tris, who was staring at the wall, almost zoned out.

"Right, and you believe your little mundane friend?" Jace scoffed. 

"She believes Simon," Tris said mindlessly, but looked at Jace and pat his cheek lightly, making Jace slap her hand away a little. "And so do I."