23; Bound By Blood

Walking into the shed that Simon was living in, outside where Luke's pack was, Tris couldn't ignore her headache

Walking into the shed that Simon was living in, outside where Luke's pack was, Tris couldn't ignore her headache. Either it was the wine she had from last night, or it was just her. She scrunched up her nose as she stood next to Jace, hearing giggles and the sound of people moving in the top canoe on the wall. All Tris wished for was that it would fall and kill her instead. She looked at Jace, who looked annoyed and uncomfortable. His eyes met Tris' and he sighed quietly before pressing down on the air horn, effectively making Tris' head hurt more and making the two people in the canoe yelp as they looked down.

"What the Hell do you think you're doing?" The blonde boy questioned, glaring up at them as Tris stuffed her hands in her hoodie pocket, folding them over the other inside and murmuring a, "it's not really your place to ask," making him glare at her before looking up again. "You know what? Don't answer that."

Simon and Clary got down, Tris thanking God that they were dressed. She was not about to see her brother naked, besides the fact that they did take bubble baths when they were three. Clary sighed heavily. "Jace, it's okay. I'm safe here." 

"Until Valentine stops hunting you, the only place you're safe is the Institute," Jace stated. 

"Really? I'm not sure you actually know how hiding works," Simon spoke, making Jace glare at him. "The whole point is to, um, not be where everyone thinks you are. Trust me, I'm kind of an expert."

"Well, the man's not wrong," Tris shrugged and Jace glared at her again. For some reason, he was ridiculously cranky, and so was she, but she knew why: she had a headache. They both had been throwing insults at each other on their way to Simon and Clary.

"For an expert, you were pretty easy to find," Jace huffed. "Just be thankful I got to you before the Circle did." 

"I'm not afraid of them. I've been working on my fighting skills," Simon smirked a little, proud of himself. 

Jace scoffed, a cocky smile on his face. "Oh, really? You wanna take this outside and give these fight skills a test run?" 

"Anytime," Simon immediately took up the challenge and as he made a move to go outside, his eyes scanned the burning sun outside, doing a full 180. "As soon as the sun goes down." 

"Guys, I can handle my..." Clary let out a yelp as she stopped speaking. "What the hell?" 

"What's wrong?" Simon rushed to her as did Jace and Tris, looking at the redhead's hand, that was burnt at the palm of her hand. Jace smacked Simon's hand away but of course, the vampire didn't back down. 

Clary was breathing heavily in pain. "I don't know." 

Tris made a sound of disgust. "Ugh, what is that? Is that contagious?"

She earned a glare from both the boys, and Clary gasped as the pain spread.

▪▪▪

The trio had opened the door to their well-known warlock friend's house, surprised to find him kissing their tall friend, and Tris shifted awkwardly, trying her best to not let out a snort as Magnus looked at them, glaring. Alec was uncomfortably standing there, shuffling his feet lightly as he looked at the group. "Don't you people have phones?" Magnus questioned.