5

"Your roommate is really cute."

Caleb shrugged at his coworker's words and glanced at Minho who was sitting at the booth nearest to the door scrolling on his phone.

Usually, he came to pick up the younger from work.

This was one of those usual days.

And usually, when he came, his coworker, Alanna, would drop whatever she was doing and gawk at him like he was some celebrity.

Despite the fact that she was at least four years younger than him.

She didn't care, though. In fact, that only spurred her on even more.

Fucking kids these days, Caleb grumbled as he put away the last of the dishes. He then glanced at Alanna who was standing at one of the registers not-so-subtly staring at Minho.

"Alanna! You know cleaning up would be much faster if we both do it. Especially because there's no customers right now."

Which was the truth. They had been busy since he came in. But now is was nearing 11. And business was slowing down.

But that didn't mean business wouldn't pick back up.

Because that's what usually happened during shift change.

People came out of nowhere and ordered the messiest thing on the menu.

The girl huffed and then marched into the back. "Okay, Pops. That's why I took a picture of him. I'm gonna set it as my lockscreen."

"You're so fucking cringey." Caleb grumbled. "Anyways, how'd you know that he was my roommate?"

Alanna arched a brow. "You don't remember?"

"Obviously not because I'm asking."

She scoffed. "Wow. I may be cringey but you're just like an old person. Old person stuck in a teenager's body. Can't remember anything. I'm gonna seriously start calling you Pops."

"That's not why I can't remember things but okay." Caleb shrugged before hearing the bell go off signalling that someone had just entered the dinner.

Both employees looked at each other.

"No nose goes!" Quickly, Caleb put his finger on his nose, beating Alanna by just a few seconds. The brunette huffed defeatedly. But her defeated look didn't last long.

She smirked and then flipped her hair. "Okay, Pops. I'll go take the customer's order. I might even stop by El Roommate on the way back to see if I can get him anything."

She winked and then left.