For Three Seconds.

17/03/2019

For three seconds.

For three seconds there were no parents, no school, no problems, no life. But strangely... I felt alive.

I was alive and for the first time in so long I was glad.

I was not moved by uncontrollable emotions or the heat of the moment.
I was not moved moved by alcohol or drugs or medication I took randomly. I was moved by the music, the people, the laughter around me and yes, maybe a little bit of champagne.
But specially, my body was moving by my own simple will of doing so.

And not just me. Everyone lost their everything for a while. There was no age, no sense of time, no tomorrow.

It was us and the music.

We partied like it was 3012 to songs I loved and didn't even remember they existed.

I haven't danced outside of my room ever since the jazz, Mamma Mia days. And yes I danced that night, but that's the thing. That was not me.

I went all the way back to run too fast, too forward.
But right then and there I met myself halfway.

And God ... It felt amazing, I felt amazing.

Lately everything has been just so heavy and yes, I have a breath of fresh air now and then but this was nothing like it.

I didn't just inhale deeply and then fell, like I do over and over again.

I took the deepest breath I have ever had.

I haven't been myself and to be honest I hate the person I have been.

I know it was not three seconds, it was three days.

But do you know how everyone says that what is too good ends too fast?

I was happy.
I was free.
I was myself.

Even if only for three seconds.