Mission 04: V & Memories

June 15th - 6:35am

"So, V. You think these kids can kill Urizen?" Griffon asked.
"One can only hope. Sparrow is indeed Dante's daughter after all. But for now, we have more...pressing engagement." V replied.

As V pressed on and continued down his path he came both Griffin and Shadow would take care of the demons as he pushed on. It took a bit of a moment until he would resume with walking on.

"If this Nero kid can't defeat Urizen you think Sparrow can?" Griffin asked.
"We can only hope, but if Dante is still alive then they might just be able to." V replies.

To V it was painfully obvious that Sparrow was a like to her dad though however she did have this part to her which was closed off. Not to mention he could tell when it came to family she'd do anything for them...that was proved when she nearly ripped them apart for forcing her to leave with them leaving her father and aunts behind.

**Flash Back**

It wasn't until a few hours later that Sparrow woke up, she was residing in Nero's and Kyrie's home on the couch getting the rest she needed, thankfully her wounds were healing up on their own so nothing to bad had been wrong.

"Where...?" Sparrow asked.
"Your at my place, we had to retreat." Nero said.
"Here drink this, you've been out for a few hours." Kyrie said, handing her a glass of ice cold water.
"Thanks." Sparrow sighed, sitting up and drinking some of it.
It only took Sparrow a few minutes to gather herself before she looked around, frowning she noticed the missing members of her family.
"Where's my father and aunts?" Sparrow asked.

The room went silent as ever, some people exchanged worried glances unsure of how she'd react until Nero finally spoke up.

"We don't really know, when your dad told us to take you and get out of there that was pretty much all we knew." Nero sighed.
"So you left them behind!?" Sparrow said, standing up.
"You were injured...so your dad told them to leave and come back later." Kyrie said.
"What!? I wouldn't have abandoned them like that! That damn demon could kill them!" Sparrow shouts.

After more shouting matches between Nero and Sparrow, the poor girl finally calmed down as Kyrie held her in her arms. Nero, Nico, V, and even Kyrie never saw her like this before. But it did have something to do with the fact those four were all the family she ever had in her life...

Losing them meant losing everything...especially her father who raised her from a baby to the woman she is now all by himself...

"We're gonna head back but we needed to regain our strength and come up with a better plan to defeat him." Nero said.
"If your father and aunts couldn't, you and Nero are our only hope to defeat him." V states.

Sparrow sighed and looked at the floor near her feet, nodding she sighed and ran her hand through her white/silver hair. She needed to remain calm, keep a level head like her father seemed to always have.

She normally did but waking up from a fight like that where you didn't expect to survive much took it's toll of course.

**Flash Back End**

"She seems to be a daddy's girl! It's hilarious!" Griffin laughed.
"Better not let her hear it, want what happened last time to go again?" V asked.
"Oh hell no! That kid threw me!" Griffon scoffs.

Continuing on V came up to a rather odd looking thing, looked humanoid but wasn't it was a pinkish orange and had spikes coming out of it almost everywhere.

Nidhogg

"Ugh, Nidhogg. Never liked this guy." Griffon said.
"You pest. Do I know you?" Nidhogg asked.
"Dumb as a box of rocks. Let's not even mess with this guy V. He can't even leave the Qliptoh, anyway. Just a Qliptoh parasite." Griffon explains.
"Did you insult me?" Nidhogg asked.
"Uh-Oh." Griffon started.
"You insulted me!" Nidogg says.
"I think he heard me...and he's angry!" Griffon said.

And so fourth the battle between this thing and V's familiars began, slowly but surely he commanded them to get rid of this thing. It took a while but when he was defeated and soon disappeared V noticed a rather large demon and made for his getaway.

However it seemed as if it noticed him and began shooting towards him, running now V did his best to get out of there but soon the ground under him had left and he fell through to the underground where more roots were all over the place.
V pretty much had no choice but to go forward, though soon as he did so halfway through the ground began to shake and just above where he was about to walk through the ground broke under and Sparrow was falling through.

"Sparrow!" Nero shouts, reaching for her but misses her just by chance.

Thankfully nearby V was there and sent Shadow to catch her, Shadow the panther moved under her making her sit on it's back and safely brought her to V's side. Nero sighed in relief and when Sparrow told him to continue on that they'd meet up he agreed and soon left.

"You might need to be more careful." V said.
"Um...thanks." Sparrow nods.
"And here I thought you were a badass, you know your not much like your father as everyone says." Griffon says.

As the bird continues to talk and mock her a bit Sparrow grows annoyed, V saw it and just smirked for some reason as if he knew what was coming next. And much like her father she didn't like it when people talked too much as she grabbed his beak and threw him to the side.

"Flock off feather face. Focus on this mission alright?" Sparrow spat.

Yup..she yeet the poor bird, like father like daughter she and Dante were.

"Looks like you'll be traveling with us until we meet up with Nero again." V says.
"Looks that way, let's get going we can't fall behind." Sparrow sighed.

And so it seemed like Sparrow would have to get to know V a bit more as she joined him on his side of this journey.
Sighing Sparrow knew she'd have to meet up with Nero at some point so as she and V walked off she had a certain flash back of her first memory she remembers of her father and herself as a little girl.

**Flash Back**

The memory dated back to when Sparrow was around four years old, she was sitting on a blanket on the floor next to her fathers desk in his shop just placing with the toys her father and even her aunts bought for her through out the time.

Dante walked out of the room he was in before and smiled towards his little girl, walking over to her he sat down beside her and started to play around with her.

Taking her into his arms he made her laugh as he held her just above his head making weird noises as if she was some sort of 'space ship' and moved her around gently making his little girl laugh.

"Daddy more!" Sparrow giggled.
"Heh, whatever you say baby girl." Dante said.

Not long later when it was mentioned that Sparrow was getting hungry the pair walked hand in hand to a ice cream shop and got themselves some strawberry sundaes. Sparrow was grinning when the nice lady placed hers in front of her making the lady giggle at how cute she was.

"Hey daddy?" Sparrow asked.
"Yeah?" Dante asked.
"Can we always eat strawberry sundaes together?" Sparrow asked.
"Sure thing baby girl." Dante agreed smiling as he ruffled her hair.

He chuckled when she whined and tried to fix her hair, of course with the help of her father who mind you was still smiling softly at his little girl.

Eating those strawberry sundaes soon became their go to thing whenever one of them was upset or as Sparrow got older they'd go for one after a good demon hunting job. Just spending some father-daughter time together to which both enjoyed a lot.

**Flash Back End**

'Maybe after this dad and I can go for one together...?' Sparrow thought, small smile.