Mission 08: Demon King

||A/N: Finally Freya will be able to have her moment in this book, though she might have some small parts here and there before her big role at the end arrives so yeah, I'm excited to write about her and how she reacts to certain things in this story now! :) ||

June 15th - 9:56 am

"Guess there's no point thinking about it..." Nero said.
"We can later," Sparrow suggested.

Just then a noise was heard behind them, coming in quickly was Nico turning the car to the side in order to stop it. Just in the nick of time though it stopped about an inch away from the two. Both Nero and Sparrow not moving an inch though.

"Perfect timing...Now we're starting to act like a team." Nero says.
"Ew! You, like, flirtin' with me? Knock it off...Get in the car you two." Nico replied.

Sparrow laughed and shook her head, Nico was one of a kind and honestly, she was the only one to quickly form a fast bond with Sparrow. Nico was the only person to make Sparrow laugh so easily other than her family, so that said a lot.

(A/N: Most defiantly making Sparrow and Nico best friends xD cause you gotta love this woman and how she is lol)

Nico soon drove them elsewhere further to get there faster rather than on foot, this let Sparrow kick her feet up and rest up a bit, her feet rested up on the ledge of where she was sitting and she actually was able to have a good chat with her Aunt Lady for a bit.

When it was time to go Nico announced that they were at the base of this tree, well time to get to work. Nero and Sparrow got out of the car and walked down a bit, the wall behind them started to close up. The damn tree was alive.

"Well, no point turnin' back now...Not that that was ever an option. Time for some payback." Nero says.
"You really think my family is alright up there?" Sparrow asked.
"Now why are you worrying so much? Back then you said you'd never worry for your family due to how they were." Nero said.
"Honestly...I haven't felt this helpless before so it's annoying." Sparrow admitted.

It was true, Sparrow grew up knowing her family would be just fine in any demon attack, but this one was able to push them all back...not to mention Sparrow went a whole month without any sort of contact with either of them..course thankfully Lady was alright now she needed to find her father and two other aunts.

Following after Nero she knew they needed to get back to that damn demon king quick and kick his ass. At the moment as they were slowly getting closer and closer to the area that bastard was at Sparrow's anger grew and from time to time her body would pulse in red demonic aura which didn't help the fact it attracted lesser demons to them more.

"Would you calm down? Your tracking demons to us." Nero sighed.
"Sorry...I just wanna beat the shit out of this so-called 'demon king' the bastard..." Sparrow spat.

Even though Nero tried to calm her down it wasn't really working, sure her demonic power seeping through her anger brought more and more demons but it looked as if it was making her faster and stronger when taking them down.

Nero knew he'd have to keep his distance from her for now...

However halfway through this place, they came across a demonic elevator? Well, whatever the hell it was it seemed to have given a place to stand where it would take someone up. Looking at one another they nodded and took it up.

Getting up there they had to take care of a few single roots that were in their way a bit, pushing forwards the two came towards something called 'BloodStreams' whatever the hell it was it seemed like it was their only way up.