Mission 19: Vergil

June 15th - 4:04 pm

Vergil sat there waiting for Dante's arrival as he held his wife in his arms, looking at the sleeping form of the woman he loves so dearly he let Yamato rest on his shoulder as he took his hand and gently ran it down Freya's face.

How she aged well, still looking beautiful as ever in his eyes. How much he regretted leaving her behind to fight off Mundus then everything else. He knew he caused her great deal of pain with being away.

"Forgive me, love. I sought to gain enough power to protect you much better that I let it cloud my judgement. I left you alone to fight off Mundus all those years ago and made you believe I had died...you were right this whole time...I should've stayed at your side." Vergil spoke to her.

It was rather sad that most of the times Vergil found it easy to confess his failures and often his true feelings to his wife when she'd been asleep just like now.

"I hope you can forgive me one day, because from now on I promise to stay by your side from here on out and forever." Vergil whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead as he held her close.

But as he spoke he saw her eyes flutter and finally open, her purple orbs looked around in confusion before landing on Vergil's face. Her breath was quick as she took in the sight of him. At first she believed it to be a lie just some cruel illusion but the arms holding her were warm, protective and caring...

The hold felt just like how Vergil would always hold her in the past...a hold she missed so much.

"Vergil...?" Freya asked.
"Yes it's me, my love." Vergil replies.

Just hearing his voice brought tears to her eyes, the same voice she wanted to hear for so long. Overcome with emotions Freya allowed herself to follow what her heart longed for all these years after years apart.

She wrapped her arms around her husbands neck and leaned towards him, Vergil leaned in the rest of the way and the couple pressed their lips together in a kiss. A desperate kiss that was long waited and overdue.

Vergil grunted as he brought her even closer to his chest as they poured their heart out into their kiss. For Freya it showed just how much she missed him, how hurt she was from all this years waiting. Vergil though he hoped this kiss had her realize just how sorry he was for everything he's done to her.

When the kiss lasted a while longer Freya's hands were in Vergil's hair, but soon their kiss had slowed down and all together they pulled away pressing their foreheads together. Catching their breath Vergil knew soon enough questions would be spat his way.

"You have a shit load to explain to me dammit." Freya whispers.
"And I will...once we finish the score we have to settle." Vergil replies.
"Fine...but no more running. You better stick to your word this time." Freya says.

And just as she got up and off his lap Dante arrived, he knew they had their little 'reunion' moment of course but didn't want to interrupt so decided to 'show up' now.

"Hey, Vergil, your portal-opening days are over. Give me the Yamato." Dante says, holding out his hand.
"If you want it, then you'll have to take it. But you already knew that." Vergil says, standing up the tree under him disappearing.
"I had a feeling you'd say that..." Dante replies, hand out as his new devil sword appeared.
"How many times have we fought?" Vergil asked.
"Hard to say. It's the only memory I have of us since we were kids." Dante said, smiling afterwards.

Vergil himself even couldn't help but smile at that, for Freya it looks like the whole situation between the brothers had changed rather then how it used to be. So Freya stood back and just let them do their thing. No use in trying to stop them when she watched this pretty much her whole life.

"Time to finish this, Vergil. Once and for all." Dante says, getting ready for the fight.
"I won't lose to the likes of you...little brother!" Vergil tells him, ready for the fight as well.

And so the fight between the brothers once again started up, Freya on the other hand just sighed and shook her head leaning back on whatever this place was and crossed her arms as she watched the twins fight one another.

For a while they were pretty much evenly matched, it wasn't until later in their battle that Dante decided to drop the bomb on Vergil telling him about Nero. Freya flinched but sighed knowing Vergil would have to know at some point today.

"Nero is my son?" Vergil asked.
"Yeah, dumbass. You can't remember through that thick skull of yours." Dante asked, getting up.
"Is this true, Freya?" Vergil asks, looking at his wife
"Yes...I had found out I was pregnant with Nero much after you left to the Underworld..." Freya explains.
"I guess you two were young once, too. As much as I'd love to hear that story, I think it's about time..." Dante said.
"...ended this." Vergil finished for him.

Both brothers had gotten ready for another round of their battle, however this time they changed into their 'Sin Devil Trigger' forms which worried Freya a bit as it meant these two were meaning to take this battle even further.

"Wait you two!" Freya shouts.

But just as she shouts they lunged at one another and just as Freya was about to run towards them to stop the two from killing each other they all saw a blue light appearing between the brothers and when the light cleared a demon form was holding both brothers away from one another just before they landed a blow.

Both brothers came out from their Sin Devil Trigger forms as they looked at who this was...Freya on the other hand knew just who this was without a doubt. Not to mention Sparrow appeared in her own Devil Trigger form and transforming back once she landed before them with a smirk on her face.