Mission 05: The Devil Sword Sparda

The place where Sparrow had fallen by was close to a warehouse area with different things around the place, some of the roots were even there as well. Looking around Sparrow sighed and shook her head.

But not long later the same demon V came across was stomping it's way above them, Sparrow didn't know what the hell it was but V and Griffon knew what it was.

"Ahhh, he's throwing a tantrum up there! Watch the ceiling you two!" Griffon said.
"The fuck is that...?" Sparrow asked.
"A demon that attacked us! Since your here why don't you deal with it kid!" Griffon replied.
"You expect me to fight that thing here? If you wish to die here with all this shit around here then be my guest." Sparrow spat.

Sparrow couldn't or wouldn't fight in a tight place like this with a large demon-like creature, it wouldn't be a good move nor the right thing to do so she had to wait a while longer before she'd take care of this demon.

As they walked through some lesser demons appeared but they worked together to get rid of it, though this time their 'teamwork' was rather off due to Griffin from time to time was annoying Sparrow a bit more but she learned to ignore it.

At times she'd throw up her hood over her head to block out her sight of the damn bird and continued fighting on when some demons would appear and attack, with not much of more choice V and Sparrow continued on underground as Sparrow would be looking for a place to get through to meet up with Nero so she could continue on.

"Just what are you going after though, V?" Sparrow asked.
"The devil sword, Sparda." V tells her.
"My grandfather's sword?" Sparrow asked.
"Indeed." V replied saying nothing else.

What would tie her grandfather's sword to any of this? Sure she knew it was a powerful sword but she always saw her Aunt Trish or even her father use it no one else besides...was it able to be picked up by a human?

It was a demon sword after all but then again Sparrow wasn't told much other than the fact she was Sparda's granddaughter and a lot of demons would come after her due to the bloodline of Sparda continuing on.

'It's not like I'll need to understand more...I'm not gonna bombard my father with those questions since he usually tells me himself whenever he feels like it.' Sparrow thought.

Sparrow was so lost in thought for the moment she didn't realize they were finally outside until she felt the wind blow. Looking up she removed her hood and sighed in relief. Now it would be much easier to meet up with Nero.

"WooHoo! Finally outside! And look at that, a phone!" Griffin says.
"About time we made it out, can't stand being around a talkative chicken any longer." Sparrow said, walking off.
"What did you call me?!" Griffin asked.

All he got from the girl was the middle finger, flipping him off V just smirked at the banter between the two but decided not to take part in this. Sparrow leans up on the phone post as V called Nico. Least this will maybe bring them all together again even for a moment.

When Nico arrived making a crazy as ever entrance it got Sparrow to grin and walk up to the driver side window, Nico rolled it down and grinned towards the girl.

"Hey there girly, glad to see your alright." Nico said.
"Did you guys really doubt me?" Sparrow asked.
"Me? Never! Nero though might have." Nico joked.
"Well I'll be joining up with him soon." Sparrow replied.

Sparrow then soon took something out from her jacket pocket and held it to Nico.

"Here thought this could be a use to you." Sparrow said, holding some sort of part of a demon she and V took care of moments ago.
"Oh I'll make sure to make something amazing out of this! And just for you!" Nico grins.
"Isn't that sweet." Sparrow smiled.

Meanwhile, V pressed on but noticed a huge demon in the area and quickly hid, listening to what was being said V sent Griffin to get Sparrow who perched on her shoulder and told her about it.

As this happened Nico was quietly setting up a new weapon for Sparrow to use, she was excited to see just how it would turn out and what this girl would use with it. Whatever powers it would have was unknown but she was sure Sparrow would put it to good use.

Sparrow jogged after Griffin when he flew off back to V, when she arrived she peeked over V's shoulder and noticed just what that demon was. A knight riding on a horse.

It was a - Elder Greyon Knight

"Well, I always did want to see how you freaks were like in battle." Sparrow said, smirking she pulled out her sword and gun.
"So let's see who comes out on top." Sparrow finished.

With that the battle started, while Sparrow took the close up way V stayed behind and let his familiars take control of the further back approach. This demon landed a few blows on Sparrow but it just lightened her interest to continue on.

When he was defeated however Sparrow had a few cuts here and there but nothing she couldn't handle, but when she saw V fall to a knee she ran up to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder even though the demon got away while his horse died behind the two.

"You alright?" Sparrow asked.
"I'm fine. If the devil's sword Sparda still exists, it very well may be our only hope." V said.
"V, uhhh, think about this for a minute now. What will you do if you find it? You gotta be strong in mind and body to wield the Sparda, and you sir, are neither. Hate to break it to you, but the Sparda will just be too much for ya." Griffin said.
"For me, yes. But what of the boy...Nero. And you Sparrow." V asked.
"I've never wielded the Sparda, in the past, I've been much too young to do so. Now? I'm not sure." Sparrow replied.

When they made it back to the car V got inside but Sparrow decided to jump from building to building to join up with Nero this time. Besides the demon was easy to notice due to its rather large figure and so Sparrow set her mind on getting there.

"Just hang on, Nero. I'll be there to help soon." Sparrow said, jumping from roof to roof and sometimes some balcony on the way to that area.