Mission 10: Awaken

||A/N: Another short chapter but I still hope you readers enjoy this one!||

The home was in flames and lots of noise was heard as things were falling apart and such, Eva found her son and his childhood friend on the floor, helping the two children up to their feet.

"Come here!" Eva says helping them up.

Opening up a closet door she gently guided her son and friends daughter side for some safety.

"You need to hide, Dante, Freya. No matter what happens, you mustn't leave! I need to find, Vergil. I promise I'll be back. I know this is hard. You must listen to me. Be a big boy...a man huh? Protect Freya okay?" Eva tells Dante.

Freya was crying as she was nuzzled up close to Dante who was holding her close trying to comfort her while being scared himself. Both clinging to one another for comfort.

"Where's Vergil?" Freya's small voice asked.
"I'm going to find him, try not to worry too much." Eva smiled at her friend's daughter.
"If I don't return, you both must run, By yourselves, together. You must change your names. Forget your past and start a new life as someone else. A new beginning." Eva says then closes the doors.
"Vergil!? Where are you, Vergil!?" Eva shouts out.

But just as Dante and Freya peeked out of the small openings Eva's screams made the two children flinch and curl up to one another more.

******

A baby girls laughter was heard in the shop of 'Devil May Cry', Dante chuckled as well as he was seen playing with the toys of his daughters along with her as she sat on a small blanket on the floor. She had some stuffed animals but also some blocks.

"This one's gonna get ya!" Dante said in a silly voice then gently let it rest on her stomach and shook it a bit.

Little Sparrow giggled away at her father's playful action, Dante laughed himself then watched as his little girl playing around she started to bang her toy in her hand around but when she banged it the last time it seemed she did so hard enough where some of it broke off.

"Whoa already? Huh...your gonna be a fast learner aren't you?" Dante asked.

Sparrow looked at her toy and whimpered, in a panic, Dante picked her up and held her close to him rubbing her back.

"Aww don't worry, daddy will buy you a new one," Dante said, kissing her head.
"Dada..." Sparrow mutters, rubbing her eye.

Dropping the toy in her hand she yawned cutely then placed her head on her father's shoulder, Dante smiled as he watched his daughter fall asleep in his arms.

"Well, it is almost time for your nap anyway," Dante whispers.

Sparrow was out like a light, small faint snores coming from her. Carefully standing up to his feet Dante walked around his desk and sat down on the chair, making sure not to wake his daughter up he kicked his feet up sitting like he usually does and sat there for a moment before he himself fell asleep.

*****

June 15th - 10:37 am

Dante opened his eyes to V over him, his body was so stiff that when he went to sit up it hurt. He guessed he must've been 'asleep' for a while but wasn't really sure how long it might've been. Then again with those dreams, which were memories, it might have been longer then he thought.