•one•

Renjun lived in a world where children who died at a young age had a special job in the afterlife. They were assigned to keep living kids company as their 'imaginary' friend. Only that specific kid could see or hear their invisible friend, though. Renjun never understood how it worked, but e was grateful that it happened.

Renjun was a lonely kid, his parents too important and busy to spend time with their young son. Still, Renjun was always taken care of, maids and butlers ready at a moment's notice to help the child. He was homeschooled for most of his life (through 8th grade), and therefore had very few friends.

However, it didn't bother Renjun. Because Renjun had his invisible friend. His name was Donghyuck. Donghyuck had appeared in Rennin's life when he was five, and he still remembers how they met.

~12 years ago~

When he first saw him, Donghyuck looked scared and lost. And soaking wet.

Renjun approached the shaking boy. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"You can see me?"

"Of course I can! Why? Are you playing hide and seek? Can I play?"

The boy shook his head. "I don't know how I got here and I can't find my mom and no one else can hear me. I'm scared."

"Don't be scared. Come with me."

~Preset time~

Maybe Renjun wasn't sure how the afterlife worked, but he'd be damned if he didn't eventually figure it out. 

After all, he had an advantage. And his name was Donghyuck.