•three•

"Do I have to tag along?" Donghyuck complained.

Renjun sighed. "Would you rather keep researching why the heck you're here?"

"No. Why is it such a big deal anyway? Aren't you glad I'm here?" Donghyuck asked softly.

Renjun stopped walking and turned around to face him. "Of course I'm glad you're here, you're my best friend, Hyuck. I just have a few theories and I want to know if I'm right."

"Oh." 

Renjun continued to walk towards the school. "I think it may have to do with the fact that I'm still lonely. I don't have any friends besides you, just like when I was five. When you came. But it could just be the universe screwing around, too. I'm just curious."

"Ah. What would...what would you do after you found out?"

Renjun thought for a little. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I guess I'd just go about life as normal, you know? Maybe I could make new friends, as long as you wouldn't go away if I did that."

"You'd stay lonely for me?" Donghyuck was shocked. Renjun had never said something like that to him. 

"Well yeah, you mean a lot to me, Hyuck. Twelve years of a real friendship isn't worth giving up for three years of a fake friendship."

Donghyuck smiled. 

"Now come on, I'm going to be late."