•eight•

As Renjun was walking to school with Donghyuck at his side, his mind wandered to the previous night. Both of his parents now knew he was gay (and were fine with it, he thinks), and now his dad thought he had a crush on Lee Jeno. 

It wasn't a farfetched thing, as Renjun had often caught himself staring at him, but it wasn't anything Renjun was ready to admit or commit to. Besides, what if it really did make Donghyuck go away? Renjun didn't think he could live with that. Maybe he could talk to Heejin today and see what she thought about it. And see if she was okay after last night. Renjun didn't even get to say goodbye, she was rushed out the door by her mother.

"Renjun!" Donghyuck called. 

"Huh? What?"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "I've been calling you. Your 'prince charming' is on his way." 

"What?" Renjun's head snapped forward again, and sure enough, there he was, heading Renjun's way with a smile on his face. "Oh fuck, Donghyuck, what do I do?"

"Say hi when he gets here and don't act so nervous. It's unsettling."

Renjun took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

"Besides, it's not like you have a crush on him or anything...right?"

"What?! No! I don't! I just...am not used to talking to people! That's all!"

"Mhm. Okay, I believe you."

"Whatever, just don't embarrass me."