Try Again.

Melinoë's POV

Smiles. All I could do was smile and that was all thanks to the massive relief of their reactions. I knew that they could keep all of my secrets, even if I was a murderer but if questioned they wouldn't lie. If we were so stupid to be caught we deserved to be in jail. They told us as much.

The small Bambino climbed all over me as she played. Valencia made me feel so happy and her face brought out the smile in me and that was what I needed to do. Smile for a long time. Her mistakes and trip ups gave me a reason to laugh and even cry from my joy.

Just as dinner was being put on and India had headed straight to my parent's house, my phone rang, but I couldn't answer it. It was like we were all together again. Not all too difficult when we live so close but I had been away for so long it hadn't happened. In a moment of stupidity I was about to throw my phone but decided to answer it anyway.

"Hey, Ginger. It's Smii7y. We are playing a game if you fancy we are live right now and all viewers can hear just to let you know." I stopped for a second and regretted it. All I could hear was Ophion. Calling India, who replied obviously but on the phone the two of us sound similar.

"Are you called India?" Anthony asked over his Discord and also Smii7y's but I brushed it off. Telling them the truth and as India spoke when I did they had to believe me. It all added up. Well, I didn't say I knew her I said that there was another woman called India there.

"Sorry, I am not at home. Can't be playing when there is dinner to be had. Bye." Just as I went to hang up I heard the well known voice of Smii7y. He must have muted them as their voices stopped ringing through the call.

"We haven't spoken in a while. If you fancy it we can call in a few hours." I had to really think about it. Smii7y was my best friend but he had been ignoring me. He was also going to call so he would have to tell me all of the occurrences.

"I am going to be honest. I am about to sit down and have dinner with my family. We might be talking for a while. I haven't had a good chat with India in what feels like an age. I am up for it and will text you when I have finished but I make no promises about time. I'll text when I'm done." He seemed to be understanding as he was silent for a second.

"All right. Is everything okay? I mean, we are hardly talking." I wasn't sure what he meant by talking and fear of that crept in. He was a brother to me.

"We were talking before were we? I mean, if we were playing a game or if you wanted to run something by me we spoke but that was it." He remained silent and clearly, that had just ruffled one too many feathers.

"I'll talk to you later." He was done like that and hung up. I didn't want to take it too far and so just put my phone down on the table for the meal. Pasta bake and it made my lips slightly damp as I salivated over the food I had been used to growing up.

Clearly, they had made enough for us all and the topping was delicious but nothing ever beat the first time they cooked it for us. My world had changed.

"Do you remember when you made this for both of us the first time? I was nine and Ophelia was 12. His second year at big boy school and we had this." I smiled and my parents could only watch him adoringly as we enjoyed the time together.

"How is the Bambino?" I asked whilst giving her food from my plate. Her little legs kept extending to kick me but it was out of pure joy and excitement. I felt like the rolls on her legs and arms only added to the cute look of her.

"All right. No more eczema, for now." I tickled her and a little food fell out but that was quickly wiped away and I laughed at her response. The dinner reminded me of growing up. Happy and all too happy to be alive.

When dinner ended I noticed that the others at the table looked exhausted but reluctant to leave. They didn't want me to feel left out or unwanted.

"Well, I have more than outstayed my small unofficial welcome. I will be off and head to my home. Thank you all." I stood and got up with them. Shoes on and coat covering me we all said our goodbyes. Knowing it wouldn't be long until we saw each other on another occasion.

I had made it into my car when the foreseen ultimatum of texting Smii7y was thought of. I had promised him and so I would. His face was at the front of my mind. The car began as the message was sent and I set off. Even if he was on his phone a minute or so wasn't long to be waiting for a reply.

The roads bent and turned with no change from before. Life was happening and I had no clue what was going on. I had been to my family for a meal and they knew what or who I was. My eyes remained fixed on the road but as soon as my house was entered they fell to my phone.

Nothing. He must have been busy but then again he had been busy for days and that was sucky. My videos of us were running up the creek and I had no paddle. John and I had kept it up with multiple games but he had work and editing to do. My life was not his main priority and that was rightly so.

It had only been five minutes I reasoned and got showered. The water ran down my back and the feeling of clean hit me from on top of me. Nothing but love for showers and the invention of the water heater. A beautiful thing. My towel was soft and the shampoo was luxurious. I did just love a good shower to make me feel better.