It's All Ogre Now.

Melinoë's POV.

Tears streamed down her small little face, unless, I stood and rocked her. My only problem was that I hadn't slept for almost a week, aside from half-hour naps here and there. My eyes were red from where I had been rubbing them and my body ached as I had been up and on my feet for hours upon hours a day. I had finally lost it and walked into Jaren's study. I didn't knock, I never did and swung the door open. He had only just finished a game of Uno.

"Jaren." I waited for him to respond. I hadn't asked him to take major control with the baby and I had decided to stop publishing videos for a long while but I needed to sleep more than some diabetic needed sweets.

"Yes, my love." His response would never get old to me and I loved every second of his words. His live stream would have shown me in the background for the boys he was in a game with. Tyler looked and made a face that showed him trying not to laugh at me.

"Can you take the baby? I need to sleep. She is fed, I have burped her and changed her nappy an unimaginable number of times and still, she persists." Astarte was still giving it her all.

"Come here, princess." My hands were weak and Jaren had signed off the video almost immediately. Opening his arms and taking her. I kissed his lips and then cheek before walking to bed.

When I woke up again I checked the time and saw that I had slept for four hours. The baby would have been hungry but she was also silent. I slipped back into a deep sleep. I kept my eyes closed for so long that when I had woken up the baby was crying in her cot. Jaren went to get up but I decided to as he had put her to bed.

I fed her and put her back into her cot and she kept quiet. I climbed back into my bed and as the night grew darker I clung onto Jaren.

"How? She has been giving me hell for days now." His hands wrapped around me and I knew he was aware of what had been going on for the past few days as I had barely touched the mattress, never mind sleep in it with him as well.

"I think she was cold." I felt awful for not realising but my tiredness and my clouded mind had clearly done more harm than it had good so I decided to hand her to him on a more regular basis. It would give me some kind of happy break.

"Thank you." He had whispered it to me and I crumbled into his tired arms. For the first time in days, we cuddled properly again and it felt like heaven to me. He was also asleep and he had been complaining of waking up feeling tired still. He didn't claim that when he woke up the next day.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Fat feet hit the ground before me and not far behind large feet also hit the ground as one excited Craig chased Astarte. Her laughs hit the wall and my ears. Making me smile as wide as I could. Other adults walked all the way around us but that one laugh hit me in the feels.

"This is sweet but we aren't having another one. She has done enough damage to my poor body." Jaren laughed and agreed with me. My iron was still a little low and my blader weaker than before. Not drastically for the time being.

The glass in my hand was replaced by the beaker I had picked up from the side and a small hand took it. All the exercise clearly did a number on her. Craig looked red in the face as well.

"Do you need a sippy cup as well?" Craig gave a laugh at this and grabbed a glass of water. I ducked so that he could grab one of the cups out.

Black hair swished in a second around the corner and I had to run after her. She was up to no good and that was obvious as she had closed the bathroom door behind her in the process. I slammed it open in hopes of catching her. Only, when I said her name it all sped up. Her hands met and she swan dived into the toilet bowl.

"Jaren love." I stripped her down and took the nappy off. Telling her it wasn't good to do what she had done as I did so.

"Can you run a bath? She has gone for a swim again." He did just that behind me and as I grabbed a towel and fresh clothes he placed her into the water. Tyler and Marcel watched, interested by my actions.

"What are you up to?" Anthony asked as I passed the kitchen door to get to the toilet again. I sighed and laughed a little. He had a camera out as he recorded the trip to visit us in Canada.

"You see, my little one is in her terrible twos. She is only one but she has hit it. Anyway, I saw her run from the kitchen. I also realised she closed the bathroom door. As soon as I walked inside and said her name she full-on swan dived into the toilet. The little shit has the squits already. For this reason as well so we are washing her." I waved the towel and clothes a little and walked into the toilet.

"Thanks," I told Jaren and watched as he ran soap all over her. She was drinking the bathwater and no matter our protests she kept at it. My mind had been lost on her. She was so stubborn and annoying at times but her face was just like Jaren and her cute cheeks were so full I had to love her.

"Mama." She showed me the duck in her hand as Jaren pulled her out. I took it from her and she began to scream but it was full of water so I didn't care. I dried her and dressed her. The nappy tightly done so that she couldn't escape from the contraption.

Jaren and I walked back into the kitchen and I leant my back against his chest as he leant against the side.

The end.