NSY.

Melinoë's POV.

I stood looking into the mirror. My body was not fit for the day ahead but it never was and I hated it. Just as I had come to see me in my entirety, Jaren walked in and then raised an eyebrow at my actions.

"Jaren. I'm fat." I pouted and he moved even closer. Catching my lip between his teeth as he held onto my body. My eyes had closed at his actions almost instinctive. We had only just kissed a little but he was so soft that it made me smile.

"No. You're not fat." His lips met my head and then I rested it on his chest. My arms at my side moved to hold him a little closer like he was doing to me.

"Can I wear one of your tops?" He agreed as a smile grew. He was a happy man and that was something that made me love him even more. His personality and also addictive face was a massive pull. Not to mention the rest of him.

Whilst he was gone a text came through from Craig to Jaren asking to play a game but I wasn't up for that. I needed my Smit at my side. To have and to hold close.

When Jaren returned I felt done with life and just removed the top I had been wearing of mine and threw his on. My shorts hit the base of my booty and the top met just at the hem. He had picked one of his larger ones for me.

"I have lots of stretch marks." We sat on the sofa and he cuddled me close to his body. My body pointing away from him. His hand rubbed my arm and moved across to my stomach.

"You are 40 weeks pregnant. Almost 41 and you are naturally petite so that is going to happen." I felt the classic pains in my back so I had to slowly get up. I hunched over in a seated position while Jaren just sat at my side as I felt pains shoot through my core.

"Can you get me something to eat? I am in a lot of pain." He was off and grabbing some food as my hand ran all over my body. In the hope of soothing the ache and searing pain in my core.

"What do you fancy?" He shouted from the kitchen. I had to take a moment just to try and manage the pain. My hand running up and down again. Nothing left my mouth as my mouth clamped shut to prevent any odd sound. The pain was getting worse.

"Jaren. You know you love me? Get the bag and I will meet you in the car." He dropped a knife and I heard the tap. He knew I would go ballistic if the house had even a spot of dirt when we got back.

My fatty ankles managed to pick up and fall down. Even into my shoes though Jaren had to tie the laces in a second. My hand was all over my stomach but it hurt so pressure couldn't do anything to help. By the time I had gotten to the car he was stood at the side of it with the bag clearly already in there.

"Can you tie my laces?" He had been having to do it for weeks and so he agreed. Not as easy for me to do it and so the task had been placed on him. I had thanked him and then I lowered myself onto the chair. Silence was my way of handling pain. A habit that drove Jaren up the wall.

By the time we got to the hospital, Jaren had worked himself up. We were supposed to be induced. The royal we, or I was supposed to be sectioned but stuff happened. Mainly the busy nature of the hospitals around us.

The receptionist was kind and a doctor had led us to a room where I walked around on my own for a while. Jaren watching from a chair.

"Mely..." I cut him short.

"Shut up." When in pain, silence was all I required and he was growing to accept the fact. Jaren was perfect in most ways but he had to talk through things. I couldn't ever do that. Mum and dad got angry when I did it so silence was the solution. My stepparents were more talkative but it was too late by then.

The doctor came in half an hour after we had entered and I felt like the pains had been overstaying their welcome. He was as confused as ever I had seen a medical man before and he asked how long before the pain had begun.

"If I am honest, yesterday but I couldn't have been in labour then. The pains went." Jaren didn't look happy but he also did. The baby was going to come sooner but I had kept him in the dark about being in pain. My old habits couldn't fade.

That night I was home. Some medicine and a lot of pain but aside from low iron and blood sugar level on the low side I was fit and healthy. Tablets and more sugar would fix it and it had in the past. No reason to give up on medicine yet.

When we got back my first response was to sleep and Jaren took the baby. My body was sore and I wanted to cry only I wanted to have the baby close to me.

"Jaren? Can you lay with me? The baby can go in her crib or with us but I want you." He had always been a little weak when it came to me wanting him so he agreed. Knowing that he also wanted to be near to me as well.

We trudged up the steps and I sat on the edge of the bed, pain from the delivery still fresh and flashbacks had me scarred. Not a chance that would happen again. Without a word the baby was put down, blanket at her waist, and Jaren stripped me into my pants and then threw one of his tops over me. It had a smell of his cologne so I hugged it close.

We climbed into the bed and I fell fast asleep. Only to wake and feed the baby half an hour later. Life wasn't about to get any easier but the small bundle was all I could love. Aside from Jaren obviously.