Two Years.

Melinoë's POV.

My keys swung and hit the door as I opened it and walked on in. The sky was a little too grey but the rain was going to pass. The sound of feet hitting the floor couldn't be heard, aside from mine. And I didn't catch the sight of his eyes. The hope of him being there was almost lost but the early hour and lazy man made me think of what he could have been up to.

"Jaren," I spoke loudly as my feet moved all over the floor and eventually up the steps. No response was coming and I was confused beyond belief. He would normally wake to it unless he had barely slept a wink. My hand moved to the handle and the door was then swung open. I had barely gotten into the hot room when a body flung up from the bed.

"Hey Sweet," My face lit up and I dropped the one bag I had kept hold of. I walked over to the bed and climbed in with him. The bed had more room on the other side but he was not on the other side and I wanted to be with him. I managed to get him to budge up and when he did I held so close I may have crushed him.

"How did it go?" His raspy voice was all any part of me needed and my hands gripped to his chest. His left arm wrapped around me and my left leg moved around his legs. My socks meeting bare feet.

"All right. Ophion was on it. I mean, not his first kid but he has a little boy and already it has taken a toll on Ophy. The whole parent thing being 'it' because he is tired. I mean, hell on earth that boy. He screams 24/7. We are never doing it to ourselves." Jaren gave a loud laugh but it was dulled out by his tired state.

"Why are you so tired?" I questioned only for him to wave me off so naturally, I had to grow concerned as I always did for my boy but he was also one grown-ass man. "As long as you love me it doesn't matter." It had been a joke but the feeling of his bare chest against my freezing hand was by far the best feeling I had felt since leaving for England.

"You have a very cold hand." I had silently agreed but refused to move it from his body as it felt so good. The room as a whole was so warm and a smile branched on my face as I laid in his embrace again.

"I still need to go dress shopping." Life was full of stresses and the wedding was only a few weeks away. No dress had met my high expectations but Emily had understood as she had taken just as long to pick a dress.

"Why are we getting married so quickly again?" I sighed and felt a tear form in my eye. Jaren wouldn't be able to tell but I had hoped he would comfort me still.

"So my mum and dad can be there. Mum only has a year to go and she will be too ill later in the year." His hand moved up and down my back. My tear fell onto his chest and he wiped the rest away. Kissing the top of my head as well.

"I love you Melinoë." We stayed like that for a while before falling asleep and the day was wasted but it wasn't really.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Jaren." I laughed and threw some cream on his face. Only for it to fall off of his face and down his chest. My top was soaked through by the same cream. Tears falling slightly as I laughed so hard and my face feeling as red as it could possibly go.

"Melinoë. You started it. Don't give me that shit." I licked my teeth and kissed him. All it did though was make me forget how to be a human and I almost fell. His arms wrapped all around me to keep me still.

"It's too hot," I complained after we had just about finished and we stood in the largest kitchen I had ever come across. My eyes had never been able to comprehend the vast size.

"You could take your top off, and shorts." He had been joking but it was only us and so I did that. My bra and pants being my only type of protection against the outside world.

"FIT." Jaren mocked as I did so and I ended up throwing all of the fabric at him and the earrings I had been wearing. Nothing left to cover me properly.

"It was your idea to go to Australia for our honeymoon." It had been my idea and yet it was still too hot. My pale and easily burnt skin was so precious that the shade had to be sought out at every chance.

"I know but I have always wanted to come here. Besides, you have enjoyed the sun and I am not the only person here." He agreed as we moved and sat on the chair not far from the kitchen. "We're married." My words fell and his eyes picked up a little. His large hands taking mine into his grasp. My lips met his neck in an instant and we enjoyed the time together as we did very little.

My legs swung around and I was straddling Jaren. No reason was given but a smile on my face made him look a little concerned as I searched for the right words to use. Clouds seemed to weigh heavy in my mind as the world became like a fog.

"When we get back I want all of the house to be tidy, as we left it, and we can just sleep and do shit that means nothing. I just, well, I just want to do nothing. As long as it is with you." He smiled and lifted his hands to keep up with my butt. He pulled me flat against his chest and I was for once looking down to him.

"Deal." One word was all I had needed.