Morons.

Melinoë's POV.

The pavement was boiling and I could feel it through my shoes but the house wasn't too far away. As I grew closer a familiar voice shouted at me and I stopped in my tracks to talk to them properly.

"You're that girl from PAX, aren't you?" I just nodded at Tyler and he appeared to be unfazed as I walked closer to him and he moved to talk again.

"How come you are here?" Before I could give a response Smii7y shouted and then Tyler's face fell.

"Ginger!" Smii7y signalled for me to follow and I walked past a surprised Tyler as he had to go back to grabbing his bags. Panda was just in the door and he had his camera out. It was moved to me and he just looked for a second.

"Are you actually Ginger?" Tyler asked when he got through the door and I nodded. At the mention of that Anthony put his camera to the floor and promised to edit me out.

"Oh, no. I am going to do a face reveal soon. Can I just ask that you wait to upload until I have released my video?" Anthony agreed quickly and picked the camera up. He was always on the thing and Craig walked in doing the exact same thing.

"Craig you uncircumcised philistine. What do you think you are doing?" I asked and he lowered the camera. Confused by what I had just said. He hadn't done anything different but I wanted a hug and he hadn't hugged me since PAX which was, what felt like, an age ago.

"Ginger!" He hugged me and the pair of us squished as we held on tight. A pair of strong arms wrapped around us both and loud giggling was heard. It was clear he was mocking us but I had no clue why.

"Evan," I spoke a little muffled by the two men who hugged me. He stepped back and I pulled away from Craig. Our eyes meeting for the first time. My arms crossed almost instinctively when Evan cast a judging eye over me.

"Do I pass?" I had learnt to arch one of my eyebrows and I did it at that moment when he kept his silent judgement on his face. He was almost taking in my personality.

"You look very different to what I had been expecting." I nodded and looked over myself as I unfolded my arms.

"I get that a lot. You are bigger than I had expected. You are more ginger than I had expected. You wear glasses and I didn't even think of that. Your freckles weren't expected." I mocked the reaction of my family only a few days before when I had told them about the truth. Some were excited and others had less than kind things to say.

"Oh, no. You aren't big and I expected a shade of ginger. I just thought you would be like a little less girlish. It's good. I like it or you or, I don't know." I laughed at his poor ability to show and explain his emotions and also his thoughts.

We all sat down and the couples stuck like glue as they were either on laps, practically on their laps or between their feet. I had no place to sit but I wanted to grab my charger that I had thrown beside the chair and so I moved to grab it.

"Yeah. I like my girl so skinny I can pick the food from my teeth. I mean, come on." John mocked the latest release from one of the smaller YouTubers. His statement about how a girl should be skinny enough to fit into a six-year old's coat.

"Yes, borthor. So skinny that when I push it in I break her back." I laughed quietly and shook my head. The room had laughs but it was clear none of them felt okay with the actual idea.

"Clearly, I will never be good enough." I had pretended to be gutted as I climbed over the legs that spread around the floor as we all talked for a while. I felt beyond uncomfortable as they all could see me and also judge me a little easier.

Smii7y suddenly pulled me onto his lap as he made a joke about me being thicc and I shook my head. His arms wrapped around me and I sat straight on from him. My hips were smaller than his so it didn't feel too bad. He was comfortable.

"You keep making comments about your weight but you can't be any bigger than what? A size eight. You aren't even big. Your body is well proportioned as well. I mean, hips and booty. Not to mention your breast." Sami commented and I agreed. I was only a size eight and there were a lot of people who were the same size as me.

"Oh, no. She never made any comments but when she told the kids, her cousins, about who she was six of them told her that she was a little fat to be Gingerbiscuit." I was done with that conversation. I elbowed him, discreetly, and tried to get up but Smii7y kept me in place and not a soul noticed what was happening.

"So are you two a thing?" Evan asked and I shook my head. The room was filled with small talk and chatter but I could hear him as he sat directly beside us.

"He's my friend." Evan seemed to be rather surprised by this and gave me a look of 'you sure about that?' and I just returned a look of being sure. Evan took my phone and asked me to put my finger on the scanner. After I did so he went to my contacts and added himself. A real smooth move, not, but we could talk in the future a little easier.

"Oy. Catch," Brian shouted and Smii7y went to catch whatever it was and then the jingle jangle of keys hit me. Literally hit me as I sat on his lap. Brian covered his mouth with his hands and laughed but I could see that he felt awful. I cupped the side of my head and felt the small marks. A little blood but there was barely anything at all. The headache it caused though was one of a kind.

"You Irish twat," I blurted out and there was a sigh and audible relaxation as I was okay with what had happened. Smii7y was busy laughing but he pulled me a little closer as we sat together. The side of my head hurt and the pounding of metal still had not left me at all.