cinq.

Quick note, this is not a Riku x Reader! It's a reader insert, meaning everyone likes the reader so i'm sorry if it ever seems as though only Riku likes you <3.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You panted as you turned a corner, the boys nearing both you and Kairi, when you placed a hand on a wooden door that seemed to lead into a shack. 

"Good. . .Job!" You looked over to Kairi and smiled, no one knew how you were so humble. "Thanks! You too." She placed her hands on her knees as she caught her breath, exchanging a high five with you.

Followed behind Kairi, around the corner came Riku and Sora, who were charging towards both you and Kairi with competitive looks on their faces, both determined to be the ones to reach the door first. Riku, having almost reached the door, extended out his leg towards Sora, who stumbled, tripped, then fell to the sandy floor as Riku reached the door, tagging it, then snickering.

"I win! Fair and Square." He approached Sora, who was laying on the sand, groaning. "No fair! You cheated! Everybody saw that." Sora exclaimed, as you slowly nodded. 

"Yeah. . ., sorry Riku, you did trip him." You agreed, honesty was key. "Come on, I was just joking." He taunted, rubbing Sora's spiky hair and whispering something you couldn't quite place in the boy's ear before sprinting off without another word. 

Kairi giggled as you helped Sora up, you hadn't realized he was taller than you, not by a long shot, but still taller than you. You assumed it was due to his large shoes. 

"So, can you gather the rest of the supplies?" Kairi requested Sora, her hands behind her back. She noticed how the boy's eyes had been at you, as he caught himself in a daydream. 

"Sora, are you listening to me?" She raised her tone at the boy, who managed to come back to reality as he answered blatantly. "What was that again?" He asked, receiving an eyeroll from the girl as she exhaled. 

"Geez." 

"We can't build a raft without materials, right? Here's what we need: Two Logs. One Cloth. One Rope. Bring everything back here. If you need help, just ask. No more slacking, okay?" Kairi ordered, as you took a minute to memorize all the said items she requested for. Sora nodded, before turning around and bolting off to find the items. 

You were about to help out before Kairi grasped your arm. "And, [Y/N]? We'll miss you." She said, as your head fell in disappointment.

 "I'll miss you guys too, but, is it okay if I help out for the items?" 

"Sure! We need all the help we can get, especially from a girl." She elbowed you teasingly as you shook your head and smiled. 

You wandered around curiously, you had barely known your way around the island so you figured this was a good chance to explore more, and with your friends. You caught sight of Sora picking up a log not too far away from the shack Kairi was standing in front of.

"Sora!" You called out for the boy, who held the log in a firm grasp as he turned around to see you walking towards him. 

"I'm going to help you find the items." You beamed, as Sora smiled and nodded. "Right!"

"Okay so, I think it'll work if I go get the other log, then you get the cloth, and i'll get the rope! Sorry if you don't want me taking orders. . ." You apologized kindly, as Sora nodded and disagreed. "No, it's a great plan!" He encouraged your leadership as your cheeks heated up. The two of you nodded at one another, before going your separate ways to find the items.