Chapter 2

Lei's POV

He is holding me... The only thing I have left in this world is Xander. His love means more than anything to me.. I pull away and smile at him. His beautiful blue eyes shine so bright that I feel my heart almost leaving my chest.
"Now, shouldnt we head out to the marketing area?" I smirk at him, he raises an eyebrow at me. "You know I would love too but I'm enjoying you here too much." He groans and holds me.

"Fine we can eat later." I chuckle and he stands up. "Let's go now. You had a long day at the pen." He smirks and gives me his hand to stand up. I grab it and intertwine our fingers. We start heading down the path to the fun market. It's about to be sundown and it is probably the best time to do such thing. Plus, today I got my pay with working these past couple of weeks. Here we do both currency and trading. I prefer currency because I have nothing of worth so it's easier to earn coins and get what I need. New people came here after the other villagers left, it's like a new civilization.

As we arrive we see people in colorful clothing. Xander is wearing a blue polo and I'm still in my work clothes, I immediately feel out of place. Xander noticed me distracted in my thoughts and I feel his finger under my chin, gently moves my face to face him and I stare into his deep blue eyes. "You are beautiful my lady." He says, I smile and he gives me a quick kiss.

"Xander!" A man calls out we turn and a blonde man a little taller than Xander, blue hazel eyes and holding hands with a brunette, eyes as bright as brown could get. She too is wearing a short floral white dress. Hand in hand the couple approaches us and Xander's face lights up immediately. I think this is his brother.
"Tannen!" Xander calls. The man and Xander hug each other. This is his brother. I stand back and smile at the woman who looks my age.

"Hello I'm Piper." He holds her hand out for me to shake. "Hi, I am Lei." I shake her hand and Xander pulls away from his brother. They look very alike "So this is the lady that stole your heart." Tannen smirks, he looks at me and focuses on me. "She seems mature and has very unique features. Not bad my little brother, I'm Tannen by the way, nice to meet you Lei." He pulls me in a hug and I accept.

"Thank you, and yes I am twenty one so I am very mature. But nice to meet you as well Tannen." I pull away and smile as he just complimented me. "Piper you should already know my little brother." He grabs Xander and puts his arm over his shoulder. They really are tall. Piper smiles and nods. Xander waves at her.

"Why are you guys here? How are mom and dad?" Xander asked. "They're fine, happy. No more fear of the society, a new and better one is rising. With choices. Thanks to Cassia and Ky of course. But a man was asking for a girl named Laney. He described her and Lei fits the description, Cassia even told me her real name is Laney." I am shocked, a man asking for me? I turn to Xander worried. "Well we dont have any plans on going back yet.. But could you give me more information later?" I ask and he nods. He then grabs Pipers' hand "let's have fun!" He then takes her to dance.

"Let's eat first." I say holding my stomach, I had a long day and a small piece of bread is nothing compared to all that Veterinarian labor. "I was about to say the same." He grabs my hand and we head to the food section. There are three rows of food stands, each one different from the others. Sweets to fruits to actual meals. Since I'm looking for actual food I head to the meal section hand in hand with Xander. I immediately see someone making burgers, it's been so many many years since I had one. I walk up to the red stand and the lady with blonde hair and a white cap smiles at me. "This is our second Friday here! Choose what you would like." She points at a board over her, it has ten options I smile, "How about the avocado one." I point and she smiles and writes it on a date pod.

"That will be four coins or anything of value for trade." She says, I grab my little bag filled with coins and I hear Xander reach and grab his quicker. "My treat my lady." He says as he places four silver coins down. I smile at his kind gesture and side hug him, "Thank you but you didn't have to do that." I pull away as I grab my hamburger. "You had a weird day at the pen, plus it's almost been two months since we have been here together. I couldn't be more happier Lei." Xander grabs his own hamburger and we walk off to the wooden picnic tables. We sit across from each other and start to eat.