Chapter 5

Xander POV

I awake to the beautiful sunlight shining through my bedroom window. I am happy because today after work Lei and I will be hiking a new trail we found on a map. We are leaving our jobs earlier so we can go. I get ready and put on my working clothes under my medic jacket. I start to head to the lab, bread in my hand. Beautiful  birds chirping and singing morning songs.

I then start to see four ships, bigger than the Rising's ships. Red long Mark's on the sides. They start to level down. As they land, men with guns run out, they have black clothing. Running and shooting. I panic and run off. I run and run fast. I never knew I could be this fast. I run up a hill and blend in the trees.

I hide behind a big rock. I then start to double think my hiding spot. This is the trail where you can get to Camas. Men throwing explosives to the homes, lining people up. I search for Lei and I dont see her. In the Midst of me staring down at the people lined up I hear footsteps behind me. I turn and see Ky, Cassia and Indie. I'm confused but I pull them down behind the rock to hide.

"Xander you're okay." Cassia says and hugs me tightly. I nod. "But Lei, she is down there, I was heading to work and then I saw the ships. Once they started to fire I ran. But Lei, I don't know where she is." I panic and look over the rock. I then see an officer pulling Lei and her friend Olivia.. They're both pushed to their knees. They are one of the last ones. In the line. People are screaming with fear. A man movies to Lei and Olivia's line and holds Olivia and holds her tight. It's her lover. He is comforting her. Lei is looking around for me and can't find me. She starts to cry out, "Xander! Xander!" I can't respond. If I go down I will lose my way to rescuing her, I'll do no good being there.

"Lei..." I whisper and feel my heart break. Even from far I can hear the officers. "Guys we can't go down. At least not yet." Ky says and puts his hand on my shoulder. He understands my pain..

"What could this man do?" A soldier asks the other, as they force the man on his feet, he had black hair, young, 20 the latest. "He looks useless." The other responds. The man is very thin, almost bone. The other soldier shrugs and pulls the man to his knees. He aims the gun to his head. And Bam! Kills him. I start to panic, if they kill Lei I won't be able to live with myself. Cassia puts her back against the rock. She can't handle so much death.

"And this one?" The soldier asks the other, "Factory worker." He said and pulls him in a airship. They continue down the three lines and say what will happen to each person, sex slave, farmer, factory worker, servant, and many more.. "It is Lei's turn.." Ky says quietly and I look to where she is. On her knees, black hair, wavy and straight all put to a side. She looks at Olivia as she stands.

"Wow this one is different.." he starts to say, "She has Spanish blood, I know of it!" The second soldier removes her Veterinarian jacket and throws it aside, he then pulls down her shirt on her left shoulder, they have shocked expressions. "What is a Spanish beauty doing out here?" The second soldier says. "She sure does have the mark, and her body figure is curvy and yet slim. Perfect for a sex slave auction! We will definitely get promotions for handing her in." The first one responds in excitement. As if this is all just a game.

They laugh and push her in forcefully into the ship. She kept looking around. She then turns in defeat. Lei I promise I will, save you no matter what. I have to hide or else I will do you no good being trapped, the rising and I will save you. I promise.

I slump behind the rock. Staring out...

Once they finish they leave.. I run out as fast as I can, I run until I reach the spot where she was on her knees.. I fall to mine and feel hot tears burn my eyes and cheeks. I punch the ground so hard I even let out an angered scream. I feel arms wrap around my side. Its Cassia. "I'm sorry.." she then pulls me into a hug. I hug her back but then pull away myself. I missed her but right now I have to figure out how to save Lei.