Chapter 10

Ky POV

"Are you sure that was the woman you claim to be your friend." The Chief asks. "Yes I am most certain. We should have bought her." I say and he shakes his head in disapproval.
"That my son can't be done. I can not compete with twenty million. We will find another way to get her back."

We are walking back to the tribe, he showed me the city to tell the Rising about what is here. I feel guilt and know Xander will be very upset for us not buying her. I shake my thoughts away. We bought some fruits I know Cassia will love to try. Especially this one, its called a mango, red and gold and very sweet.

"How was the city?" Indie asks as I enter our tent for the four of us. I place the box down. "Very different. And I saw her. She was being sold.." I say and Xander stands up quickly. "You saw Lei? How is she? And why didn't you guys buy her." He panics. "We don't have twenty million to buy her Xander, she was wearing white and golden clothing. She showed her legs and her shoulders to arms, very revealing and provocative. Something men here will love."

Xander looks stressed and sits back down to his spot. I grab the mango and sneak behind cassia, I then whisper in her ear, "For you my love." She grabs the Mango and pulls me gently down to sit beside her, "Ky I was thinking and I am sorry... I am just scared of losing you. I finally have you here with me and there were and are so many threats to us still." Cassia looks deep in my eyes and I know she means every word of it. "I'm sorry to Cassia, I know it's hard with me leaving all the time because of my job but I promise soon I'll stop doing that and it will only be me and you. Just hold on a little longer." I hold her cheek and she smiles, I love her smile. It makes my heart fill up with so much joy.

"So what now?" Indie asks. "The Rising said they would contact us tonight, though we still need more information to give. Knowing how the city looks like is nothing of help." Cassia responds to her and starts to cut her mango. "Well, we aren't doing anything. All we do is sit and wait, people are being killed right now." Indie responds back in frustration. I get it, I want to go home and enjoy my week as I planned.

I was planning to propose to Cassia, the anomaly way. With a ring and vows and the beautiful process of a wedding. And here I am, stuck with having to save people. What matters is that she is here by my side. I smile at watching her carefully eat the mango I got for her. "Do you like it?" I move to sit in front of her closer. She nods, "very juicy. Have a piece." She cuts three pieces and hands one to us. Xander rejects it. He hardly eats now. Only drinks water. "Xander you need to eat." Cassia says politely. "No I am fine, I am not hungry." He looks at her. He used to look at her with eyes filled with love, now its plain. No emotions. Just stress and worry.

"Xander please at least have a bite of this." Cassia worries, Xander sighs and grabs the piece. He eats it slowly. "It's pretty good. Nothing like it in end stone, though I have seen food carts in every Friday fun festival." He stares at his piece, "Tell us about it." Cassia says and wraps her arms around my back, the way she did in the Carving.

"In Endstone every other Friday they have this festival that starts close to sundown. They have games, dancing, food, and shows. Lei and I went two times. I always played the games and she cheered me on, we danced and ate a lot of food. We laughed a lot and forgot about the whole world. It was just us.." he goes deep. "When we get back Ky and I will join you two there. Maybe even Indie can find herself someone." Cassia pokes at indie, she glares back at Cassia.

"I am a lone wolf, thank you." Indie says to Cassia. "Sure you are." Cassia dips her head into my chest. I chuckle. "Alright guys, maybe while we wait we could discuss plans or ideas that can help us with overthrowing the Revolt and freeing slaves." I say and Cassia groans, "We did that for the majority of the day already Ky, there really is no way yet. Unless the Rising figures it out." She says and doesn't move. I hold her tight. Xander shrugs his shoulders and lays on his side facing the wall of the tent, his back to us. Indie looks at him with a pitiful look. She must love him now. I looked past her before and didn't care about her feelings.