Chapter 5

When we got there half an hour later, Dom had us go back out with Rome and get some more cars.

"By the time we get done finding the right car to get by these cameras, we'll have a damn car lot of them." I commented, taking a sip of my coffee. I cruised the streets for what must have been an hour before we spotted some that looked decent enough. Actually Han spotted them first and nudging me, pointed them out. "Whatchu think Rome?" I tossed over my shoulder as we studied the two cars.

"I think those cars deserve some better drivers." He replied.

"Then let's go get 'em." I grin.

The three of us returned in due time with both cars and we were all taking turns running the track when this large ass crate arrives.

"What the fuck is that?" I ask, heading down the stairs from the platform to check it out. I found out when crowbars were dug out of somewhere and the front side was pried off, revealing a safe identical to the one that was our target. Except for this one, it was newer, with the plastic covering still over it. Taking my butterfly knife from my pocket at the same time Brian drew his pocketknife, I flipped it open and we got to work on cutting away the plastic to reveal the door.

"That's the piggy bank you ordered." Leo told us.

Tej stared, his jaw agape. "You're kidding me."

Santo grinned. "Yup."

My own jaw felt loose. "Where in the hell did you guys get one of these?" I knew a vault like this, even brand new, was expensive as hell. I was wondering where they had the cash to get it.

Han smirks at me as he placed an arm around my waist, holding me to his side. "Well, we had a life before you met us." That was quickly becoming the catchphrase of the heist. Everybody had been doing something before they had met everybody else.

Tej moves forward. "All right, I'll get to work on the electronic tumbler, but there's still another problem. Palm scanner."

I nodded. "And without Reyes' handprint, Houdini himself couldn't open this bitch."

"How do you know it's Reyes' handprint?" Santos asked.

"You got $100 million in a safe. You going to put somebody else's handprint on it?" Tej retorted, making me snicker.

Leo starts talking in Spanish and Santo argues back in English with him. "Now there you go with that negativity, man. That shit is eating you alive. You check that. Yo, check that. Shut up!" By the end of it, I was trying so hard not to collapse in laughter. I knew Dom was laughing and I felt Han quietly laughing next to me. I didn't know if they were brothers or what, but their bickering was hilarious.

"How are we supposed to get Reyes' handprint?" Rome asked once the laughter had died down.

"Han." We looked up at Dom. "You're up."

"Sure. Nothing like the easy stuff." Han replied with me on his heels.

"I wanna see this. This should be amusing as hell." I grinned, tossing him the keys to Reaper. I blow a raspberry as Dom when he smirks at us, making him and Brian laugh.

Taking the chance at getting a little sun, I had changed into my bikini and it seemed as if I had chosen the right one as I was greeted with a heated kiss as soon as I walked out and Han had gotten a good look at it. We now sat across from each other at a bar nearby where Reyes was holding court, scoping out the opposition.

"I make six bodyguards." He concluded, tossing a peanut into his mouth.

"Seven." I corrected, taking a sip of his beer. "You think that guy with a fanny pack is a tourist?"

Forgetting the objective for a moment, he took the bottle from me and took a sip, looking me over. "The way you pulled that gun looked like it came straight out of a video game."

I smile. "That's because it did. I like shooter games. I tend to pick up moves without knowing if I play a game long enough." I explain and watched him as he munched on peanuts, watching the twitch of his fingers. As I studied him, I finally realized why he munched so much and what that taste had been as he had kissed me. "With the amount of chips you eat, always having to keep your hands and mouth busy, I'm betting you were a heavy smoker." Those dark eyes dart from watching Reyes to me. I held up two fingers with a smirk. "Two packs a day." My smirk grows into a Cheshire cat grin. "Unfiltered."

The look he gave me said I was right on the money. "Your parents should have called you Nancy Drew."

I smile at him. "Blame too much CSI."

That brings a smile to his face. "CSI, huh?"

"I love the show." I reply.

We watch our prey for a few more minutes. I was waiting to see what he'd do before I had my fun. "Well, this is a bust. We're not going to be able to get his fingerprints out here. We need to do some more recon, call in a couple of extra guys."

I shook my head at him. "You gotta think outside the box, babe." He just gives me a look and I smile, leaning forward to brush a soft kiss to his lips. "Don't send a man to do a woman's job." I whisper against his lips before drawing back and removing the wrap I had tied around my waist, headed in Reyes' direction and preceded to get his handprint. Not long after that, I'm returning with a smug grin on my face. "Boo ya." I grin, drawing a soft laugh from him. A stop by the dressing rooms to exchange my bikini bottom for a pair of denim cutoff shorts and we were headed back to base. I pulled on a white wife beater as we pulled to a stop. Reaching into the center console, I retrieve the small UV flashlight I had.

Rome looks up from where him and Tej were working on the vault. "What's up?"

"I'm about to knock your socks off." I grin. "That's what's up."

"We got the print." Han brandishes the bikini bottoms.

"I thought you were more of a thong man." Rome comments, successfully shifting Tej's attention from the vault to us.

"Where?" Tej looks at them, searching. I shine my flashlight at the bottoms, clearly revealing the print.

"Okay, that's just crazy." Rome sounded impressed.

"So, did he just slap that ass or did he grab and hold on to it?" Tej asks and both him and Rome laugh. I just roll my eyes at them. "Hey, this will work. I'm impressed."

"Got it?" I ask.

"Got it." Tej answers. "But you still didn't answer the question."

__________________________________________________________________

314 views, 20 votes

To all those who have added this to their libraries and voted, thank you all so much for the support.