Chapter 7

After getting some sleep, once more curled up to Han, we were doing more runs on the track. We had managed to squeeze a little more power out of some of the rides but it wasn't enough. Everybody kept getting caught by at least one camera. And it was pissing me off.

I watched as Han slid through the track. I had seen him race before, but this was entirely different. "Holy shit." I whisper softly. I don't know if it was him or the car, but just watching him go through the track was turning me on. "Close, but not enough." I told him when he exited the car. I had been hoping he could do it.

He leaned on the door and looked up at Dom. "Dom, the window is too small, man."

"The only way we're going to beat the cameras is with invisible cars." I told him.

Dom smirks. "And I know just where to get them. Let's take a ride, boys."

I stare at him for a minute before it clicks. Was he really...?

Evidently, he was.

I found out when I found me, Han, Dom, Brian, and Rome climbing over the top of the van and jumping over the fence that surrounded the police impound yard. The guys were getting the cars while I was just there to get into them. Once that was done, I slipped into the car with Han.

"It's been a while since I've been behind the wheel of one of these." Brian comments. And yes, we had stolen four police cars. Four Dodge Chargers to be specific. And even though they were detailed for cops, they were beautiful.

"First time I've ever been in the front seat." Dom replies and we laugh.

I look over at Brian. "Can I keep one of these when we're done? They sound pretty sweet." Really, they were. I was loving the gentle rumble of the engine.

Brian looks back at me. "I thought you didn't like muscle cars. Saying something about being too bulky and hard to handle."

I give him a look. "Do these look bulky to you?" I shot back, looking the interior over. "I bet you these things dominate a drag race."

Dom laughs. "You know they do."

I look over at Brian. "Anybody besides me getting a serious craving for doughnuts?" Both Dom and Han laugh at that one.

"You just had to go there, didn't you?" Brian asks, amused.

"Yup." I grin happily.

Rome finally rolls up on our other side. "Rome, what took you so long? I thought for sure you'd be showing up with some chrome spinners or something." Brian grins and I snicker.

Rome gives him a fake laugh. "Real funny." He goes for the megaspeaker. "I got $100,000 that says I can take you all in the next quarter-mile."

Brian leans on the wheel. "Yeah, your broke ass has got a hundred grand."

"We pull off this job, I will. The next two lights. Hundred thousand." Rome fires back.

"We don't pull this job off, we're probably dead anyway. Let's make it a million." Han tells the rest of them before giving me a smile and picking up my hand, kisses my fingers.

"I like that. All right, a million-dollar quarter-mile." Brian grins.

Han nods and settles more comfortably in the seat. "All right, then."

Anticipation of a race gets me excited and I whoop happily. "You only live once. Let's do it. Let's see what these bad boys can do."

Brian looks over at Dom. "What do you say, Dom?"

"We talking or we racing?" Dom retorts.

"Just don't cheat this time." Brian tells him.

Dom just shakes his head. "Got to let that go."

Brian looks past Dom at me. "Cheer for me?"

I shake my head, grinning. "No way bro. Dom all the way." Dom laughs and Han gives me a look. "King of the quarter-mile, man." It was Brian's turn to laugh and Han just shakes his head at me before leaning over and stealing a kiss.

Right before the light turned green, Rome jumped the gun, sirens blaring. "Yeah!" I fall out laughing. And I thought I was an idiot at times.

"Typical, Roman." Brian scoffs, hot on his heels.

"I'm going to get this money. I'm hungry." Rome retorts.

"Don't make it too easy for me boys." Dom grins as he slides up between the two with Han behind him. I'm just cheering the whole time, just plain having fun.

"No!" Rome whines.

"Not this time, Dom." Brian jeers.

"You got to want it, Brian." Dom taunts.

Even though all four were even for a good bit, I noticed that Dom let off the throttle at the last second, letting Brian cross the finish line first, two seconds before the rest. I wondered why.

"Yeah! Owned you! Owned you!" Brian cheers.

"Somebody enjoyed that." Han comments.

I grin at him. "Hell yeah. That was fucking fun. Can we do it again?" I knew I sounded like a child, but that had been fun as hell.

Soft laughter and he's moving the seat back a bit. "Come on. I know you want to." He smiles at me, throwing my words back at me. "You might not get the chance later." Grabbing the opportunity, I slide so I'm sitting in his lap and behind the wheel. Instead of moving, he wraps his arms around my waist and places gentle kisses on my neck as well as kissing, nibbling, and nuzzling my earlobes.

"You are driving me insane." I softly pant. He just softly laughs against my neck, sending a shiver through me. "And I thought I was a tease." I growl.

"I'm just having my fun where I can get it." He replies softly, gently nipping the sensitive spot between my neck and shoulder, making me gasp.

"Go ahead and play now." I dared. "'Cause when we get back to the hotel, playtime's over."

"That's what I was hoping on." I felt his wicked smile against my neck. Just the tone of his voice promises carnal delights. It was low, it was husky, it was sexy. Just listening to it turned me on.

I managed to make it back to base without having to stop in an alley along the way and show him just how fun it was going to be doing it in a cop car.

"Good race, O'Conner." Dom tells him as we get out of the cars.

"Thanks, Dom." Brian's grins like an idiot at us. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for that shit?"

Han looks smug at me. "Told you he didn't see it."

"Your man right there? He let off the throttle at the line." I told Brian.

"You didn't do nothing. He let you win." Rome adds.

"Bullshit." Brian shoots back but he looks doubtful.