Chapter 6

We were doing more runs when Mia catches my attention where she had been listening to the scanners. "Oh, no." The whispered word and worried look on her face was enough to bring me running. Evidently Brian as well as we reach her at the same time. Brian softly swears.

I whistle, catching the attention of every fellow runner. "Guys! We got a big ass problem!" They come over.

"What's wrong?" Dom asks, more like demands really.

"The whole team just got burnt." Brian told him then looked closer at the warrants again, just now realizing that there were eight warrants instead of nine. He flips through them and finding who was missing, looked at me. "How'd they miss you?"

I just grin at him. "I arrived outside Brazil and drove in. You know I always like to cover my ass."

"Except for Kira, we're all wanted." Mia added.

"How'd this happen?" Tej asks.

I start tapping at the keyboard. "US Diplomatic Security Service issued the warrants. Agent L. Hobbs." I told them.

Brian reaches over my shoulder, highlights the agent's name and brings up his picture. "Hold on one second. Hey, Dom. Is that the guy you saw in the favela?"

Dom nods. "Yeah."

"Hobbs is the leader of the elite task force for the DSS." Brian explained.

"So he's good." Tej comments.

"When the FBI wants to find somebody, that's who they call. Because he never misses his mark. This guy is Old Testament. Blood, bullets, wrath of God. That's his style." Brian added.

"And right now, he's hunting us?" Mia asked him, seriously worried.

"I knew we were going to attract some serious heat doing this, I just never thought how hot it'd be. If these dogs are after us, we're in some serious Trouble." I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling as worried as Mia looked.

"Dom, we got to move up our timeline." Han urged, wrapping an arm around me and holding me firmly to his side. I took some comfort in his warmth, inhaling his scent I had come to love.

"Yeah, but how?" Tej asks.

"This thing's already been difficult without Wyatt Earp on our asses." I pointed out.

"If anything, we need more room to breathe." Rome added.

Dom looked thoughtful for a few minutes. "Roman's right. Think we need to get some fresh air."

Fresh air turned out to be the drag strip where Dom and Brian had won the Smurf car. We lounged nearby, waiting for Hobbs and his crew to show up. Dom had had the idea to plant a transmitter on their tank to help us know where they were at any one time. Dom and Brian were at the front of the group chatting with other native racers. Racer chasers surrounded Rome while Leo and Santo were somewhere nearby. Tej was going to plant the transmitter while me and Han were three feet behind Brian and Dom leaning against Reaper. His arms were wrapped firmly around me, keeping me calm as I rested my head against his chest, trying to keep myself calm.

"I've always wanted to go to Tokyo." He murmurs in my ear. "And you know something?" I look up at him and he kissed my nose. "You're coming with me."

I smile. "I always heard the racing in Tokyo was fun. I was wanting to try it out."

"Racers in Tokyo specialize in one kind of race. Drift racing."

I nodded. "Because of limited space." I place a gentle kiss on his lips. "As long as I can bring Reaper, I'll go anywhere with you."

The crowd quiets and I know Hobbs had shown up. I turn so I'm facing the threat. "Hey, Toretto. You're under arrest."

"Arrest? I don't feel like I'm under arrest." Dom looks over at Brian. "How about you, Brian?"

Brian shakes his head. "No, not a bit." Brian looks over at me. "How about you, sis?"

I lean back against Han, trying to feel completely at ease when I was a bundle of nerves. I was seriously denying my flight instinct to run from Hobbs and his men. Being in Han's arms kept me rooted to the spot. "Nope, not even a little bit."

"Just give it a minute. It'll sink in." Hobbs assured us.

"We didn't kill those feds. That was Reyes." Brian tells him, trying to appease him.

"I don't give a shit." Hobbs shot back. "I'm just here to bring in two assholes whose names hit my desk."

"Yeah, that sounds like a real hero." Brian muses.

Hobbs steps forward. "That's funny. From a guy who took the oath of a cop, then went against everything it stood for." He looks at Dom. "Or some wannabe tough guy prick who beat a man half to death with a socket wrench. Yeah, real tough. You turn around and put your hands behind your back." I can practically feel the anger roiling off of Dom as he steps forward to face off against Hobbs. He must have hit a nerve with that comment.

"I don't think so." Dom growls back.

"Your mistake is thinking you got a goddamn choice, boy." Hobbs is not pleased. He reminded me of a bull who was getting pissed off from too much teasing. Or a cobra. Hobbs' team brings firearms to bear on the crowd and I feel Han move me so I'm behind him. I was ready to duck for cover the minute they opened fire.

"And your mistake? Thinking you're in America. You're a long way from home. This is Brazil." Throwing his arms wide, every racer brings their own guns to bear the opposing team.

One of Hobbs' men comes forward, eying the guns warily. "Come on, boss. Another day." When Hobbs refuses to budge, still staring down Dom, he gets more insistent. "Come on, H, it's a lot of heat."

"I'll see you soon Toretto." Hobbs' promises.

"I look forward to it, cop." Dom has to have the last word. Hobbs and his team leave and after a silent minute, the party resumes.

The threat gone, I sag against Han's back with a sigh. "Damn." He turns and wraps arms around me once more.

"Don't tell me you were scared?" He teased lightly as the rest got in cars and headed back to base.

"You have no idea how badly I wanted to run right then." I told him.

He laughs softly. "When this is over, you're going to need a vacation."

"And you're coming with me." I shot back as we got back inside Reaper and followed the rest.

"I thought you were coming with me." He comments.

"As long as we get the hell out of Rio, it shouldn't matter who follows who." I retorted.

He takes my hand and kisses my fingers. "Going anywhere with you is bound to be fun."