Chapter 11

So things are still crazy, but I have a laptop. An HP Pavilion. 4GB system memory and 500GB hard drive storage. Of course, the first thing I did was load it up with movies. That was a mistake. Processing power slowed to a crawl. I had to go buy a Flash Drive. 256 GB so I got room and then some. I'm still in a writing slump, but I had started writing again a little. I'm actually working on a Devil May Cry one shot for a comic that a friend drew over on the DMC Amino and I've rped with a new OC in a RWBY amino, so I'm slowly working out of that slump. Considering how well it's received over on the Amino, I'll consider dropping it here as the start of a new book that'll have different one-shots from the aminos that I've done.

A note about this chapter and probably the last few ones is that if you've read this over on FF.net, you'll see that it's been edited, sections removed or new ones added. Once this is completely uploaded here, I may watch 5 half a dozen times and rewrite this whole thing. This was done back in mid 2014 and with it now being 2020, I'd say it was in need of a complete edit and/or rewrite.

Not much else to update about, so I'm just gonna shut up and let you get on with what you want. Read on and enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After laying out the new plan, everybody gets to work and in a few scant hours, everything was just about done. Brian and Dom where putting the finishing touches on two of the Chargers, which had been repainted to a flat black color. I felt like I did right before a job: wide-awake, alert, and ready to go. The adrenaline was just waiting for the right moment to start surging through my veins. That time was almost upon us. I couldn't wait. This was going to be one hell of an adrenaline rush.

I look over at Rome where I stood with him, Tej, and Han for these last few minutes. "Watch his back."

"What about me?" He feigns being hurt. He knew who I was talking about and it wasn't him.

"I know I don't have to worry about your insane ass, Barstow." I glance over to where Vince's body had been. "We've already had one death, we don't need another one." I comment softly. While Vince hadn't been close to me as Candi had been, it still reminded me of her death. Just like it had that night, guilt racked me. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I wasn't able to protect either of them. While I hadn't known Vince that long, he had been a part of Dom's crew years ago and since Dom had welcomed him back, he still was. Wanting to distract myself from beating the shit out of something inanimate in my frustration, I made a beeline for Hellraiser, a quiet anger filling me. We had lost one, I'd be damned if we lost anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She lost someone on a job, didn't you?" Tej asks softly as they watched her walk away toward her truck and climbing into the bed, proceeded to go over every weapon the truck carried. 

"Kira did have her own crew, but then they split up to set their lives straight. One got pregnant with her boyfriend's kid and both of them head off to raise it. Then when they lost another of her friends and almost lost the boyfriend with her, he quit. She's been on her own since. Pulling this heist with us is her first in over a year." Han explained softly.

"That's your girl, man, are you really going to let her place herself in danger like this?" Rome asks him after a few minutes of silence. 

"She knows what she's doing. Brian wouldn't have called her if she hadn't." Han replied easily. While he didn't know her long, from her actions and behavior, it was plain that she knew what she was doing and how to do it well.

"She's a keeper. Not many women would be willing to do the things she has. I may have known her but a few minutes, but I can tell any guy who has her attention is one lucky son of a bitch." Kira looks up to stare at Hobbs, completely surprised. Hobbs looks over at Han. "Don't ever let her go. The minute you do, you're going to regret it." Shocked, she watched as he goes back over to his truck and where Elena waited before turning her shocked look on Han. He's giving her his own surprised look. That had been completely unexpected.