Chapter 9

Once again, I get the Sleeping Beauty wake-up call. I smile happily up at him when he draws back.

"I could get used to that."

He kisses my nose. "I'm already used to having you in my bed." He replies with a smile. "Today's the big day, you ready?"

I rose. "I sure as hope to hell we're ready." After a quick shower, I dressed in my usual heist outfit: black hip hugger jeans and a black tank top. I exit the bathroom, putting my damp hair up in a ponytail and he enters with a black bag he had retrieved from the car. "What's that?" I ask, curious, and he gives me a secretive look.

"You'll see." He smiles and steals a kiss before he shuts the door.

I had slipped on my spike-heeled boots I wore when I was playing the wheelman for a heist and settled my black leather jacket around my shoulders. I was placing my guns in their holsters at my back when he emerged. My jaw dropped. He was wearing a cop uniform and holy shit did he look good! Scratch that, he looked hot. That's the last time I tell somebody wearing a uniform was goofy. I now knew better. There were some who could pull it off, and some who couldn't.

Han? He pulled it off and then some. He made it look sexy.

When he looked up at me to gauge my reaction, I merely held out my hands to him, wrists together, humming in appreciation. "You can arrest me anytime, officer."

He looked down at himself with a smug smile that was all male pride. "I look that good, huh?"

I smile up at him as I straighten his collar. "You have no idea." I drawl, stealing a kiss.

"Maybe I should keep it when this is over." He mused, a glint in his eye.

"I always was a sucker for a cute guy in uniform." I replied.

We were at base, making some last minute adjustments to the cars, just waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Rome, also in uniform, shuts the hood of the car he would be using. "I'm all set."

I look up from where I had been perched on Reaper's hood with my head down and arms folded across my chest, waiting to head out, as Han appears with a black bag slung over his shoulder. "Yo, Santos. Van good?"

"You know we're always good, bro." Santos replies.

"Hobbs is on the other side of the city. We're not going to get a better window." Mia called over her shoulder and I pushed myself off of Reaper.

Dom rolls up the map he had been studying. "Okay, guys, its show time! First team in position, let's go."

"Come on, let's do this." Leo heads for the van. Right before I slip behind the wheel of Reaper, I look over at Han to see him looking back and even though his face is blank, I can see the worry in his eyes. I smile and nod before blowing him a kiss and sliding behind the wheel. A smile back and he's getting in one of the cop cars as Rome gets in the other. Evidently it was his from before as it still had the lights on. I smile at that and head out with Rome and Han with Leo and Santos in the van behind them.

We were waiting for the order to get in our positions when I was receiving an entirely different one.

"Kira, gather up the guys and return." Brian told me, his voice heavy.

"What happened?" Just by the tone of his voice, I knew something had gone wrong.

"Not long after you guys left, Hobbs ambushed us. Him and Dom go at it before they arrest us. Then Reyes' men ambush us and all of Hobbs' team is killed. He'd be dead as well if it wasn't for us coming to his rescue. Vince gets shot and ends up dying on us. Now we're back at the hideout and Dom had me call you guys back in." He explained.