Prologue

"Seokjin, get down here now!" Jin heard his mother yell, he had ignored her the first three times, but this time her words dripped with venom and urgency. Yasmine shifted on his lap, a whisper of expletives crossed his lips. She sat up with her grey eyes meeting his brown ones, his girlfriends' beautiful gray eyes.

"What's happening?" She asked sitting up, groggily, and rubbing her eyes, Jin set down his phone that he had been previously scrolling carelessly through, that was how it always was, neither of them talked to each other, there was no spark.

"My mother is calling me, it sounds important, I'm sorry, love." The boy walked to the door gracefully. The boy's bright pink hair fell in front of his eyes as he arrived at the bottom steps, brushing it away he saw his mother, judging by her facial expressions Jin knew exactly where this was going.

"W-what's going on?" he asked, hoping, praying even, that this talk wouldn't be the same as it was every year.

"We're moving, go pack your things we're leaving in a few weeks," his mother said dismissively. Jin nodded. He was numb to all of this now, he had jumped around from place to place his whole life, and even as much as he hated moving, he could never resent his mother for it. It was hard enough on her that her husband had walked out on here when her child was still young.

Jin tried to smile and reassure his mom, but he was afraid that it looked null and void at this point, so he retreated to his room, and began to pack his things, forgetting that Yasmine was in his room.

"What are you doing?" a soft voice asked. Jin flinched as he stopped packing and turned awkwardly to the girl laying on his bed. The girl he thought that he had loved, but now looking at her, he realized that all he was was confused.

"My mom and I, we're moving, again," Jin said, remorse laced in his voice, "I think it would be best for you to go home now." Yasmine nodded and collected her things, which wasn't much, just her phone and her keys. She stopped as she walked past Jin, she threw her arms around him and whispered.

"I love you," she walked out and Jin went back to packing, wiping away tears she hadn't been aware he had been holding back. There was something different about this move, Jin could feel it, this time would be different.