New School

Jin knew he looked crazy, it was obvious to everyone, everyone except Kim Hosek apparently.

"Um, are you okay?" he asked, leaning over Jin as if he were a detective examining a body, "I've never seen you before... well, if you are new just a word of advice; in Seoul people don't usually lay in the middle of a walkway, it makes you look slightly crazy." The boy's face was soft, kind, and happy. On the surface, the boy seemed to be just another high schooler, but if there was one thing that Jin learned from moving around as much as he did was that no person was just another high schooler.

"I tripped..." Jin said meekly, mentally facepalming, thinking bout how stupid he must look tripping and then just laying there. The boy's heart-shaped lips curved into a smile.

"Well, I got that much, do you want help?" Jin nodded, Hoseok was stronger than he looked, which was something that Jin noticed. "I'm Kim Hosek, what's your name?"

"Kim SeokJin," Jin answered.

"Do you want to walk to school with me?" Hoseok asked, brushing his hair out of his face.

"Um, sure," Jin chuckled nervously, Hoseok was shocking; he seemed to know everything about Jin despite them having never met. "How did you know I was going to school?" Jin knew it was a stupid question, he looked about that age, and school was going to start relatively soon, but something about the question bothered Jin.

"You could call it intuition," Hoseok said coolly. They walked in silence, the whole time Jin was gathering up his courage to ask Hoseok a question.

"You moved here, right?" Hoseok asked Jin nodded, "From Cali, I assume."

"Yeah, um, I wouldn't think that you knowing something that specific is intuition," Jin said, trying to hide the nervousness blooming in his stomach. Panic flickered over Hoseok's face for a moment, it was only just long enough for Jin to see it, but long enough for Jin to see the human behind the confident shell he wore.

"Well, no, it isn't, but I know how to read people; you carry yourself like you're from California," he insisted, Jin nodded slowly, trying to show his suspicions. The two boys walked and had a light conversation until they got to the school. As they walked into the schoolyard, one boy caught Jin's eyes.

"Who is that?" Jin asked, trying to hide his attraction to this man, he couldn't be attracted to a guy, could he? Hoseok smiled looking at Jin then called the boy's name, the boy jogged over before he asked.

"Who is this?" the boy asked, his voice soft and caring, almost exactly what you'd expect from him. There was something off about the voice though, the way he dressed and the confidence in his stride contradicted the softness in his voice.

"Jimin, this is Jin, Jin, Jimin," Hoseok said, introducing the boy.

"Pleasure to meet you," Jimin said and offered his hand for Jin to shake. Hoseok scoffed at the gesture while rolling his eyes.

"What are you doing?" Hoseok asked, obviously annoyed. Jimin rolled his eyes in response.

"Hobi, I'm being polite to this nice gentlemen." Jin, who had been lost in his thoughts and worries, was startled to reality by, what he assumed was, Hoseok's nickname. Jin, although aware that this may not be Jimin's usual behavior, reached out and shook his still outstretched hand. A smile crossed Jimin's face accentuating his features. After looking Jin up and down a few times he said, "I like him."

"Um guys, the bell is gonna ring soon," Hobi pushed, anxious that they were going to be late.

"Not really, we still have about ten minutes," Jimin said, looking down at his watch. After a small dispute between the boys, they all decided that it would be best to go into the building.

Jin stepped in the full entry hallway, the polished floors shone underneath his feet, despite how normal things seemed, something about this whole situation felt wrong, he felt out of place, something was missing, or rather, someone was missing.

Almost as if on cue, the sea of students parted and a single boy walked through, which seemed a bit dramatic but Jin overlooked it for curiosity's sake.

"I wish they wouldn't do that," the boy said, looking up from his phone which he had been scrolling through before.

"Y'know Joon, maybe if you didn't try to scare everybody off they wouldn't do that," Jimin suggested.

"Wait, wait, wait, your name is Joon?" Jin interrupted. The man standing in front of him was menacing, dark, tall, and mysterious, and his name was Joon?

"It's Namjoon to you," he spat. After standing and studying Namjoon's face, he grew inches closer until their noses were touching. "What are you doing?"

"Are you wearing guyliner?" Jin asked it was almost laughable to imagine this boy in the morning putting eyeliners.

"What?" the boy asked after a slight pause.

"Y'know eyeliner for guys... guyliner," Jin responds.

"Whatever, Hobi, Jimin, let's go!" Hoseok and Jimin follow Namjoon down the narrow hallway of students leaving Jin alone in a hall full of strangers. 'Wow,' Jin thought, 'that was awfully rude.' with that thought Jin shrugged and was about to start walking to his class when he heard a voice.

A/N: 

I am aware that it is Jung Hoseok but for the sake of plot devices, it is Kim. Also, I have done some editing/re-writing so if a comment doesn't make sense, that's why. 

I hope you enjoyed and please comment on what you think is going to happen, vote, and tell me what I am doing wrong. 

Goodbye lovelies (also what do you want to be called? Like I mean as a group everyone uses lovelies)