Dancing in the dark

Jin didn't know what to do, he had decided not to call the police because he knew who did it, but he couldn't just call the police and claim it was Namjoon and his family without the evidence. It was everyone's word against his, no one in the school would be brave enough to stand in court against them.

Jin stood frozen for a moment, unsure of what to do. He had never been in a situation like this, most teenagers didn't, and he was no exception. Of course, he had been home alone, but when he had there had always been the reassurance that his parents would most likely come home, he was not so fortunate this time around.

He didn't know for a fact that his parents weren't coming home, but he could feel it, it was his instinct that told him that his parents would never be coming home. He starts to clean up the room when he hears his phone ring.

"Hello?" he hears talking on the other line and the speaker trying to shush them.

"Hi, so I thought I'd tell you that my party has changed location, the school finally let up and let us use the gym!" it was Ailee, Jin rattled his brain to find any clue as to what she was talking about. Then he remembered, Aliee was having a party today and he was supposed to be there. As he thought about it, he realized that he had been sitting for quite a long amount of time.

"Okay, so the school gym then? What time?"

"Twelve to whenever, y'know the party all night thing," Jin could imagine her shrugging as she said that.

"Cool, see you in a couple of hours!"Jin finished.

"See ya! Mikey-" it was obvious that she was yelling at someone at her house, but it still made Jin chuckle.

______________________________________________________________________________

It had been a couple of hours and Jin had cleaned the house, now he just sat there, in his empty house, looking at the clock every two minutes. It was only eleven-thirty, and time was passing excruciatingly slow. Finally, after what felt like years of waiting, it was time to leave.

He walked out of the door and walked to the school, he got there and made his way to the gym. There were so many people already in the gym, and Jin suspected, more to come. He walked in and wasn't sure where to go. He had met all these people of course, they were all in his grade, but he didn't know them.

Just at that moment as he was cursing himself for not talking to more people on his first day, he heard the doors open. In stepped the very boys that Jin was sure killed his parents and were trying to kill him. So what did he do? He walked over to them.

"Guys, you won't believe what happened," Jin said, eyes wide.

"Oh gosh, I wish I cared," Namjoon said, slipping his hands into his pockets. This earned him a glare from the rest of the members.

"We do care," Jungkook said glaring at Namjoon, "what happened?"

"My parents were kidnapped or killed, and I don't know who did it, and I don't know what to do," Jin rambled, it felt good to say it out loud, even to people who already knew. Jungkook's face flushed, as did Taehyung's and Yoongi's. Hobi stepped forward after a second.

"Sorry, Jungkook's not the best with gory things, and that's awful," he said the last part through clenched teeth and looking back at Taehyung, "How about this, you can stay at our house until you can get back on your feet, we definitely have the extra room, everyone agree?"

"Um, no, I don't," Namjoon intervened. Hobi turned to Namjoon and smiled his sad, knowing smile.

"Sorry, your vote doesn't count this time."

______________________________________________________________________________

It was getting late into the night and Jin was exhausted, but others were still dancing, Jin didn't understand how. He stood alone in a corner until he saw Namjoon sitting alone across the room, something he couldn't name pulled him to Namjoon, it always did, he liked the way Namjoon hated him.

Namjoon was different than he had ever seen him before, and this him reminded him of someone he used to know. He couldn't put a name to who.

"Oh hey, Jin," Namjoon said.

"Hi, Joon," Namjoon flinched but didn't say anything about the nickname.

"I have something I need to tell you, I should've told you when I saw you, I'm sorry," Namjoon said.

"What are you sorry about?" Jin asked.

"I- I, nevermind, I thought I was ready to tell you," Namjoon said getting up, "turns out I wasn't." Namjoon started walking away and Jin followed, that's when Jin noticed someone walking on the pipes on the gym ceiling. Jin ran to Namjoon, suddenly not feeling safe alone. He stopped Namjoon and pointed it out to him.

Then Jin heard a sound, the sound of metal, breaking. That's when he realized they were standing under a light. Everything happened so fast after that, the light fell, and he knocked Namjoon to the ground and out of the way so he wasn't crushed, but Jin wasn't so lucky. Pain flared through his legs, they had both been crushed by the light.

Even through all his pain, he got a glimpse of the person, on the pipes, a girl.

I thought I was ready to tell you, turns out I wasn't