Confessions

Jin thought for a second, did he really want to know why Namjoon hated him? Did he really want to know if Namjoon and his friends killed his parents? Did he really want to know the full truth? Did he want to stay or leave with a ruined view of the boys?

"Tell me, everything," he commanded. He could tell Namjoon was hesitant to say anything so Jin prompted him, "Why do you hate me?" Namjoon didn't answer. There was a moment of silence before Jin said again, this time more firmly, "Why do you hate me?" His voice was demanding and loud, so unlike him, and he hated himself for it, but he needed answers.

"I don't hate you," Namjoon muttered, he could hardly bring himself to talk at all.

"What?" Jin had asked for clarification. Namjoon stood there, at that moment, wishing he could crumble and turn into dust.

"I don't hate you, I never have, I- I love you, I love you, Kim Seokjin," Namjoon yelled, the room was silent, both of the boys too afraid to say anything, Jin had begun to love Namjoon, but he thought that Namjoon hated him, so he put the thought out of his mind, but now all those feelings came rushing back.

Namjoon stood there, crying, and all Jin wanted to do was tell him that he loved him too, that he wouldn't leave, and that everything was going to be okay, but something stopped him.

"It was seventh grade," Namjoon said, "Kim Seokjin was the coolest boy in school," Namjoon's voice was becoming thinner and quieter with everything he said. "Which is why I could never talk to him."

Jin thought of every time Namjoon had reminded him of someone else, and then it hit him who it was. RM, the mysterious kid in his seventh-grade class that always sat at the back, no one ever talked to him and he was always alone. One day he just disappeared, no one noticed, except Jin, it still haunted Jin that he had disappeared without a word, and he never got a chance to give that lonely boy a friend.

"And yet, even though I never talked to him, I fell for him," Namjoon was looking blissfully at Jin, his eyes had a gleaming glow that illuminates his face in a moonlit-grave-yard type of way.

"It was you, you were RM?" Jin asked Namjoon raised his arms up then let them fall as if to say 'this is me'. Jin's head spun, how had that scared, lonely boy turned into this confident man who runs the school? Jin's eyes filled with tears as he thought of the scared boy he was and all he had wanted was a real friend, and he could've had that, he could've given someone else that, but he never did.

"That boy you were so afraid to talk to, Namjoon, wants you to know that he still blames himself every day for your disappearance, and he's still so sorry that he couldn't be what RM needed, a real friend. I'm so sorry, Namjoon," Jin said, hoping that Namjoon could find it somewhere in his being to forgive him.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Jin," Namjoon paused, "Remember when I disappeared?" Jin nodded, "Well, that day I was at home when two men in suits came knocking at our door. There was a brief conversation between the men and my parents, my parents told me everything would be okay, then the men took me. I figured out why but I couldn't figure out what for. You may remember that in younger grades, I was taken out of class to take a special test, and I passed, but not only that, but I scored within the percentile of geniuses. They brought me to a house, where there were five other boys all with abnormal abilities, there was meant to be six other boys, but the other's parents kept running, that other boy was you, we were always meant to meet, and now, the universe has finally brought us together."

Jin didn't know what to say, was this true? Could Namjoon have staged the whole conversation? Jin had so many questions, but only one was burning in his head to ask, "Why did you kill my parents?" The question floated around in silence, Namjoon looked shocked and Jin couldn't fathom why.

"We didn't kill your parents, we work with the FBI, and we have from a young age, we have been trying to figure out who did that and I'm sorry that we couldn't find them sooner." He said. Jin moved closer to Namjoon, he didn't know what he was doing or why it was purely an impulse. He was standing face to face with Namjoon, looking into his lovable adoring eyes, studying every feature on his handsome, masculine face, and everything ended at his lips.

As one thing led to another, Jin could feel himself swaying and Namjoon hoped he felt it too. Soon enough, he could feel their lips locking, and he realized that this was what he was missing when he had felt so alone, this is why he felt that twinge of guilt every time he had admitted he had a girlfriend. Namjoon pulled away,

"Don't leave Jin, The FBI needs you here, I need you here."

"I won't leave, Namjoon, never."

Never

A/n; So this is the last chapter of Into the dark, but never fear, I already have plans for a second book, so yeah. Just thank you for sticking with me through this whole thing, especially since the first chapter when I was horrible at writing, just all the love and happiness to you in 2020 

The end