Chapter 3

I strolled around and wandered past the infamous couch contemplating sitting there but on second thought opting for the floor instead. Marceline closed the floor and a confused look came across her face seeing you sat on the floor "there's literally a couch right next to you" she said sounding highly confused. "I get the feeling it's not exactly comfortable" you muttered nervously provoking a warm laugh from marceline which sent another flood of butterflies through your stomach. "How did you know that? I love seeing people's reaction to my shitty couch" she laughed. "Call it a hunch" you replied with a smile forming on your lips. She floated over to you and sat cross legged in front of you "ok I guess we're floor people now name's Marceline by the way" she joked causing you to both laugh. You've known her a matter of minutes but she already felt so natural to talk to so warm and inviting which is the opposite of what you expected from her and it made you so happy that she was all you expected and some.

after a moment of comfortable silence she spoke "So (Y/N) where are you from?". You froze not knowing how to respond to this question as you couldn't let her know where you were really from and the fact that where you're from she's a cartoon.
"Um very far away from here" you muttered but Marceline seemed satisfied with the response "so how did you end up so far away from home?" she questioned "Um I'm just t-travelling y'know seeing the world and stuff" you lied but Marceline again smiled warmly and sat back on her hands "I feel you there girl" she chuckled. "But you seem a little young how old even are you?" she asked causing me to smirk "you do know it's rude to ask a lady her age right?" you smiled wide at your witty response
She sputtered an apology seemingly embarrassed which filled you with a sense of pride and happiness. "Its fine I'm only joking I'm 17" you smiled warmly at her reassuring her it was a joke. "So won't your parents worry about you?" she asked causing you to get a little emotional. you may never see them again. You never had many friends and your relationship with your  parents wasn't the best but they're still your parents. "I don't exactly know where my parents are" you said softly a tear falling down your cheek. An expression of horror spread on Marceline's face "Shit I'm so sorry that was inconsiderate please don't cry" she fussed about before gently wiping away the tear with her thumb causing you to blush. She must have noticed as she too blushed and realised how close your faces were pulling away and laughing nervously. "if it makes you feel any better (Y/N) I don't have any relationship with my parents either" she said smiling reassuringly.

You talked for what seemed like hours until we were interrupted by a knock at the door "Woah it's that time already!?" she exclaimed going to the door "(Y/N) meet my friends Finn and Jake" she said opening the door revealing the two of them who you  were  already well affiliated with being such a fan of the show so you  just smiled and waved passively freaking out internally. When you looked up however you saw Jake had entered but Finn remained in the doorway staring at you intently causing you to shift uncomfortably and surprisingly Marceline to give him a look of anger dragging him inside.