Chapter 6

We walked through the bustling streets of the candy kingdom, the whole time I had a warm bubbly feeling in my stomach from Marcelines comment. She thinks I'm cute. That idea bounced around my head the whole time invading my every thought and caused me to smile to myself. As we reached the palace gates two bannana guards saw Marceline and gave her a knowing nod before opening the gates allowing us to stroll right in. "She'll probably be in her lab" Marceline said going ahead and gesturing me to follow. I did as she asked and sure enough there she was working away at some complicated contraption. She looked up and acknowledged our arrival but her expression remained blunt. I simply shrugged it off and she soon put her project down and walked over to us. She wore a heavy white lab coat over a pink shirt complimented with a pair of worn blue jeans and some muddy brown boots. She wore glasses that failed to hide the bags under her eyes, she was clearly very tired but that didn't seem to stop her working.

"Hey Bonna-" Marceline started but PB cut her off "What do you want Marcy?" she interrupted. I scowled slightly at her rudeness. "Well I was getting there" Marceline continued her annoyed tone matching my own emotions "I need a place for (Y/N) here to stay" She said pointing to me standing just behind me still silent. PB looked at me as if she'd only just noticed me and I noticed her eyes barely scan over my body but she certainly examined me enough. "And why should I do that?" she said with sass adding even more to my disliking of her. "Because I can't stand another day of her in my house" she responded and I felt extremely hurt. "Hey!!" I yelled pouting and folding my arms. Marceline turned to me and winked "kidding" she said with a smirk raising my mood again as I smiled a little again. "But honestly she needs a place to stay and you've got a whole kingdom you must have one little place spare" she explained. "It really doesn't have to be anything special" I chimed in attempting to encourage her to agree. after a moment she sighed "urgh fiiine I do know one place" she said begrudgingly. "Thanks Peebs show us the way" Marceline said happily.

Allowing PB to navigate effortlessly making her way through the maze of hallways. I pulled Marceline back for a minute to talk to her. "Hey um PB called you Marcy c-can I call you that?" I asked not knowing how she'd respond. She giggled "of course you can silly, you can call me whatever you want". I smirked as I thought of the ways I could twist that statement but no Marcy was good. I could get used to calling her that.

After a decent walk from the castle she took us to a small wooden house just outside of the castle walls in a quiet woodland clearing. It wasn't much but for me it was just perfect. I'd always had an appreciation for quaint little structures with a little work it could be just want I imagined. "Thank you so much princess bubblegum" I beamed "yeah save it" she said dismissively waving me away. She approached Marcy "You owe me one" She said raising an eye brow "Mhm I'll repay you with the awesome party were gonna throw here once (Y/N) all settled in". "orrrr" PB said clearly about to suggest something weird "you could let me perform a few experiments on this one" she said pointing a pink finger my way. Marcy quickly made her way over to me and put a protective hand on my shoulder giving me butterflies. "Sorry Peebs but this ones mine" she said smiling giving my shoulder a light squeeze. That statement caused the butterflies to go into a frenzy and it took all of my efforts not to squeal from excitement right there. "Urgh you're no fun" she said groaning and throwing her hands up in frustration. "Don't worry (Y/N) I gotcha back" Marcy said with a wink causing me to smile back at her.

We both went inside to have a look around. It really wasn't anything special and could do with some work but I could definitley call it home. There were: a few empty shelves coated in a thick layer of dust; a lone window that held a brown tint from lack of cleaning; a reasonably clean brown carpet seemingly in good condition and one old recliner with the leather peeling off in some areas. "Oh yeah this'll do" I said happily "that's the spirit" Marcy exclaimed in response. "I'm gonna go home now but get this place ready quick so we can throw an awesome party" she said floating to the door. "you were serious about that?".
"Um absolutely" she responded enthusiastically. "Well I guess I'll get it done quickly huh".
"you better" she said about to leave. "See you around (Y/N) she said leaving "Y-yeah see you around" I said after her closing the door.
Wow what another great day in the land of Ooo. Now to get this place fixed up

Thanks for reading don't forget to comment any improvements and vote love you all xx