Bittersweet Errands

She awoke in her bed to an alarm beeping at 8 a.m. Barely opening her eyes, Marinette reached over and quickly turned it off. How did she even get here? The last thing she remembered was falling asleep on the loveseat. Adrien must've carried her up to bed.

She stretched to get comfortable, but her arm hit something hard. Jolting upright, she looked over to the other side of the bed and saw Adrien passed out beside her. He was sleeping on top of the covers and cuddling her cat body pillow.

He was snoring lightly and still in his clothes from the day before. He had a photo shoot in a couple of hours, and Marinette knew he'd forgotten the whole attire at his apartment. She would need to go get them for him. There was no need to make him go deal with Chloé again.

Shifting off the bed quietly, she walked into the bathroom. Once the door was locked; she brushed her teeth, put on some deodorant, threw her hair up in a messy bun and changed her clothes. Hopefully, Chloé wasn't there this morning. She usually claimed to be at Sabrina's place Saturday nights through Sunday mornings. So why would this weekend be any different?

Marinette grabbed her keys, a small backpack and ran out the door. Jumping onto her moped, she placed on her helmet and took off down the street. She knew Adrien would kill her if he knew she was going over there alone. If Chloé was there, she'd just have to deal with her. She'd been waiting to give that woman a piece of her mind for nearly five years now anyways.

She parked her ride in front of the apartment complex. Chloé's bright yellow convertible Mustang was nowhere in sight. Briskly, she walked into the building and ducked into the staircase.

Reaching the seventh floor, she opened the door and came face to face with the she-devil herself. Her heart nearly jumped into her throat, stunned to see her there.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Chloé spat.

"I've come for some of Adrien's belongings," she said, calmly. "So if you could please let me into the apartment to get them."

Marinette knew Chloé had no idea that she had a key to the apartment. No reason to start a huge quarrel over something that wouldn't matter in a few days.

"Why would I do that? Can't he come to get them himself or is he too afraid to face me after what he did to me?" Chloé retorted.

"What he did to you? You're kidding, right?" Marinette was furious and Chloé hit a nerve.

"Why would I be kidding? He broke my heart and ruined my life."

"Okay, first off. You've been cheating on him for the last five years. You broke his heart every week with a different guy. Second, he forgave you every time and gave you way too many chances. And third, he loved you more than anyone probably ever will again." She almost snarled. "Now, you either let me into the apartment to get his things or I'm calling Nathalie."

"You wouldn't dare," she hissed.

"Watch me." Her hand went into her pocket, and she pulled out her phone.

"No need to call her. I'll let you in. But I'm watching your every move," she glared.

"Oh no, you won't. You'll sit your pathetic butt down in the living room while I get what I came for," Marinette hissed. "Adrien may have dealt with your games, but I won't."

"Whatever." Chloé shrugged, turning around and unlocking the door to the apartment. "Just know that Monsieur Agreste will be hearing about this."

"Go ahead, tell him. I'll just have to tell him that you didn't cooperate with me and you must know how that will look to the police," she snickered.