Chapter 3

Alissa

I sigh, and sit up in my bed. "Why can't I sleep!" I whisper yell. I turned and looked back at the clock. 12:00am. I groan, and get up, and trudge to the door. I got to the door, and opened it.

I headed downstairs, and got some milk. What? You got a problem with milk? COEM AT MEH! (XD)

I sat down at the table, and drank it, while thinking.

Why didn't I ask him?

Well, I didn't need to be a butt in! That's just rude!

Is it this clear, that I won't sleep until I find out? Apparently so..

Seto

I heard the door creak open downstairs. I smiled- Moms and Dads home!

"Hey!" I whisper to them- they wave back at me, and kiss me on the forehead. "Hey sweetie! Sorry we're so late! Overtime, y'know?" Mom said. I just smiled and nodded- what else was I supposed to do?

"So, how did your date go today bud?" Dad said, ruffling my hair. I groaned lightly. "I had a project to do! And I have to go back tomorrow to finish it off, if you guys don't mind?" I said, since I knew it was their only day off. "Yeah, just come back as soon as you can- movie night tomorrow!" Dad said, then yawned.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed, as long as little missy over here. Night Seto!" He said, taking mom upstairs. "Kay, but don't try anything dad! We don't need another mouth to feed!" I said, smirking.

"Wasn't planning on it!" He said, then I heard the door Shut.

I walked back into my bedroom- and stared out my window, at the starry night sky.

Now,I didnt have as much as an obsession as Jason, but I was in love with the stars. Just looking at them calms me. Orion the hunter, Pisces, Canis Major, Canis Minor.... So many. I mean, 88 is a lot, right? But also, just stars in general. There's an infinite amount of stars, where only The Lord could count them. I've always looked at stars, like miniature suns, which they technically were.

I also stared at the ceiling often thinking about youtube. All those hate comments. 'Oh, you are so lame! Even TC couldn't take you!' 'Screwup!' 'Geek!' And the generic, 'oh, you suck!'. I only seem to get negatives nowadays. Hundreds of hate comments... I try my best.

That night, I found myself looking at the sky again, and as always, it calmed me.

Well, you can't have the stars without the darkness...

And with that, I fell asleep.

Alissa

I heard a loud scream in my headphones, jolting me awake.

"W'the hell?" I said, taking my headphones off.

I saw on my iPad screen, I saw the slender man Minecraft thing, and that was Adam screaming. Ah, I remember those days that they were together... I wish they still were.

I unplug my headphones, and start to charge my iPad. I looked over at the alarm clock in my room- 6am. I groan. I walked slowly down stairs, to see dad already there. "Gotta go early into work! Moms gonna be home sick today." He said. "Okay, love you dad!" I said.

"G'bye!" He said, driving off. I heard a cough upstairs. Time to take care of the Sickie! Yay...

"Mom," I said once I fed her, "Seto has to come over today so we can finish the project. We're almost done, so don't worry yourself, and get some rest, okay?" She coughed. "Okay."

I heard the doorbell ring. I ran to the door, and opened it. And there stood Seto, in a purple hoodie, and grey jeans. I invited him in smiling. Why can't I keep a straight face around him? I can't be getting a crush. No. Way.

"Let's start." I say, smiling.

Later on, we had a 5 page essay for the cell. "Uhm, did we do too much?" I asked Seto. "There's no such thing as too much!" He says, and I laugh. I looked at the clock, and it said, 2:00pm. "Listen, I gotta go. Family thing, sorry!" He said hugging me. I felt my face turn hot. Why?

"Okay, it's fine. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Deal! See you then!" And after that, he was gone. I decided to turn on the TV. (And that's never good in books >:))

It was apparently on the news, as it started off with- 'breaking news!'

"This just in- Shooting at New Dawns Hospital in Los Angeles, California!" A lady said. My eyes widened. That's where my dad worked. We lived in the suburbs just out of the city. "Hundreds suspected dead- Police and ambulances are on the scene now!" She said. "M-mom! S-s-sh-shooting!" I yell, and she quickly gets downstairs. She was in her nightgown, and she looked like a mess. "Where?" She said, voice raspy.

"New Dawn..." I say, eyes tearing up. What if my dad was dead? I began to shake at the thought of it. I burst into tears, and finally, I fainted.

---

FINALLY! I GOT IT OUT! I've been working on this chapter for a week... Yikes. Sorry y'all! I'm just not motivated atm... But I'm working on it!

Sorry this is unrelated, but 1.55k on Team Hybrid. Wow.... YA

50 reads already? YOU GUYS ARE TOO KIND!

Hey, can someone draw me up a cover for this book? I'm having trouble coming up with them! I'll give a shout out to who makes the cover :) send it to me on Instagram! (Name? EnderWhatNow)

So, slap that vote button with a book and follow for more! Love you to pieces!

---