Chapter 5

"W-what?!" I screamed. I looked around, and saw the clock. It read, 6am. So it wasn't possible this happened long ago... That means she could still be alive! Before I know it, I'm run, run, running into my room to get my phone.

"911, what's your emergency?" It said on the other side.

"My, my mom! She's on the floor, and, I d-Don't k-know w-w-what to do!" I said, trying to keep my voice steady, but it didn't work well. I heard yelling over the other line, then the lady came back. "Responders are coming soon. What's your address?"

"235 Wellworth Street!" I said, nearly yelling. She barked orders over the other line. "How old are you sweetie?" She said, and I stuttered out, "s-sixteen, m-my b-birthdays in d-December.." "What happened to your mother?"

"I woke up this morning-my father died yesterday- and I went to check on her. She wa-snt in her b-bedro-o-om and I went into the bathroom and... And... And..." I said, breaking down at the end. "Responders will be there shortly. Do you have anyone to call?" She asked. "Y-yeah, m-my friend..." I stutter. "Okay. I'm going to hang up now." She said, hanging up.

I dialed Dillians number. 1..6..4.. 4..3..7..6..5..9..3. I hit the call number, and Dillian picked up after three rings.

"What is it...." She said drowsily. "M-my mom!! S-she's..." I try to say, but tears are running down my face so much, I can't talk. "I'll be right over!" She said, woken up some. Right before she hung up, I heard, "You gotta be kiddin me.."

I wish I was.

Sirens rang, and I ran out as Dillian came to my door. I waved both of them in, and all of them followed me. I ran up the stairs, and Went into my moms room. Salty tears still ran down my face, and Dillian came in soon after wards, and sat by me. The tears ran down my face like rain. She wrapped her arm around me, and kissed my forehead. She was just like my older sister- that I never got. I would've been an older sister; but my mom had to go and do this. Yes she was pregnant, 2 months though.

"I'm scared Dillian!" I said, wrapping my arms around her waist, crying. "Where will I go? The rest of my family is dead!" I cried. "Don't worry Ali, it'll all be okay!"

"But what if it isn't?"

Then it was quiet, and I heard from the bathroom, "I'm calling it."

That's exactly what the doctors in Buffy the Vampire Slayer said to her mom. My eyes widened as a Hindi man walked in.

"I am Kujj Patel. Is your name Alissa Merteni?" He said in his thick, thick Indian accent. I nodded. "We are afraid your mother is dead. Drug overdose." He said, and I dug my head into Dillians side. "You are only child, correct?" He said, and Dillian ignored his question. "Where will she go?" She said, wrapping her arms around me. "She will be going to the orphanage in Dakene." He said. That's on the other side of the city. "Time to go Kujj," the other man said. "The Corener will be here soon, don't disturb the body." And then he was gone.

Ugh, like I would. I felt a hard pang in my heart as I came to realization- both my mom and dad are dead, and I have to go to an orphanage on he other side of the city. I suddenly felt my stomach twist and turn- like I had to vomit. "E-Excuse me." I said quickly, and headed down to the bathroom downstairs- where there was no dead body or dead body smell- and vomited. Tears also were in the mix, so it smelt absolutely HORRIBLE. I flushed the toilet, and walked back out.

"I gotta go home and get ready for school. I'm going to be late anyways." Dillian said. "Kay," I said, "I'll try to go, but they'll probably force me to leave today."

"So is this goodbye?"

"I guess." I said, tears going harder down my face. "I'll call you tonight, no matter what. Tell everyone what happened for me, please?"

"Of course." She said, smiling sadly. I just gave her a hug goodbye.

"Also, I would recommend taking a shower girlie." She said, smiling a little bit.

"As if." I chuckled softly, then she was gone.

---

Well, I tried my best with this chapter- IT WAS SO DEPRESSING I COULDNT WRITE ITTTT!

Well anyways- thanks for 1.95k reads on TH! It means a lot :)

And thanks for already 100 reads on this! I didn't reach that far in a book so quickly, like ever!

So don't forget to slap that vote button with your forehead, and and follow for more books! Love your faces! Bai!