15) Klaus x Reader

*The native Spirit caller*
For this oneshot it's kind of an OC but through your perspective and will be named as Y/N. I'm sorry if she had different features (hair colour/length etc) it's just native Americans do look a certain way and it's more realistic if I follow the image above. Hope you like it :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beginning:
Sante Fe, New Mexico

Small shaky hands clasped over her mouth as struggled to calm her breathing. Y/N brought her legs up to her chest, trying to hide further in the leaves. Her long brown hair covering her tired and frightened eyes as she peered down from the tallest branch of which she sat on.

Her tribe had been attacked by a group of rebellious hunters. They went against the laws and did whatever they pleaded, everyone feared them and were helpless against them.
Her people were peacefully settling in for the night, blowing down the campfires and settling in for the night when they attacked.

Her tribe made it their duty to take care of the wildlife that stayed near them. The gang wanted the elephants and rhinos for money and her tribe had resisted each time they came along with offers.

So here they were for the second time, with torches and weapons of all sorts.

If they couldn't get what they wanted through persuasion, they used force.

Y/N tried to shake the screams and cries of her people only moments ago from her mind. She hasn't seen her parents or her family before she'd ran, but she knew they were dead. She knew that everyone was dead.

Y/N was only 8 at the time, but she was intelligent enough to notice the signs. The atmosphere went from a screams and gun fire to complete silence. She knew her people wouldn't give up protecting their home until they couldn't no more, she knew they couldn't anymore...

She sniffled as she wiped her eyes with the back of her dirty hands, trying to quiet her sobs as she listened intently to the noise below the tree she had well hidden up in.

The silence was frightening, she wasn't sure whether to climb down and investigate or wait a little longer.

Y/N didn't get a chance to make that decision as she heard the sound of the dry leaves crunch under the heavy foot of Someone approaching her tree. She whimpered quietly as she dug her head into her knees. The person stopped at the foot of the tree, silence following for a long moment before she heard a deep voice call out.

"Young child, there is nothing to fear anymore. They have fled and you are safe now."

Y/N lifted her head from her legs and slowly peered around the tree, her bright green eyes catching the gaze of the elder gentlemen. His eyes widened at her appearance before he offered a generous smile.

"I assure you, you are safe. My children have handled this mess."

Y/N rose her eyebrows in confusion at the mans words before she skimmed around the tree, standing so he could fully see her appearance. Still, she uttered no words, instead watching intently as a boy and a girl walked over to stand beside the man.

The girl had curly hair that framed her small brown face, the boy beside her had jet black hair, a small button nose and looked to be from an Asian Ethnic group.

"Ah, this is Allison and Ben. Two of my many children."

Still, Y/N didn't speak just studied the newcomers with a fondness in her eyes as she recognised their welcoming faces and how their age looked to replicated hers.

" I- uh Ben? Would you mind giving the girl a hand down, she appears to be stuck."